Hi Everyone

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hi Everyone

Postby rockchick31 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi all I am new to this Just bought my first FTO on Friday i'm in love lol :D
just wondering about Body Kits best place to buy know UK online is the best
I want the cool sport kit, found this site for buying the kits do you think the quality would be ok?
http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/index.php?cP ... 11_452_852
do you have to spray the kit yourself and is it hard to fit the prices here are very reasonable compared to some sites I've been looking on any advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers Rockchick31
Last edited by Bernard on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the bold text
rockchick31

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 pm

:wel

Throw up some pics of your fto. Personally I am not into the body kits, because the fto looks pretty sweet as it is. If you have a pre-facelift front bumper, I would simply swap it for a facelift bumper. Other small mods to make it work would be lowering springs and a nice little induction kit. Make sure she is under sealed. If not, get it done before anything else. It's an easy thing to put on the long finger. Also where are you based?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm in the anti-bodykit camp again, the fto has got to an age now where they're out nearly 20 years, so a minty looking original looking fto is the way to go. Bodykits rarely make an fto look better
colm_mcm

Postby Bernard » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Yup, I have to agree with Colm.
If you really want one there are a few kits available from the reasonably subtle Bozz to the horrendous Veilside.
A lot of the sites that used to stock FTO kits and mod parts seem to have gone out of business recently, I haven't heard of the one you linked to.
As for needing to paint the kit yourself, the answer is yes and it will probably need some fettling to get the right fit too.

Image Image
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce yourself