FTO on carzone.ie

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

FTO on carzone.ie

Postby Colin C » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:25 pm

Lovely looking midnight blue FTO on carzone.ie http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=356807 I see it's a private sale, is this anyone here?
Steel Silver GPX Manual.
Colin C
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:41 pm

Looks nice..
Is that the HKS front splitter?
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:48 pm

Muad_dib77 wrote:Is that the HKS front splitter?

It certainly is, really nice car that GP, 200k on the clock might put some buyers off though.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:52 pm

:-) Atleast there's a chance it might be genuine miles...
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby roykeane » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:05 pm

Answer me this. With the bits etc, how much do we think this fto will go for, considering that they are asking for €7,500? From the photo it seems to be a GP. Is that a realistic price?
Please do not adjust your sets
roykeane
Octane king
Octane king

High milage is kinda putting my off

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:54 pm

..See I don't really know.. The car could be a minter - but I'm assuming that Bushes, droplinks would need to be replaced..also it never hurts to service a 2nd hand car after buying it..

Personally.. I wouldn't offer much more than 5500.. but tbh I wouldn't ever go near a car with that high milage on it..Unless ofcourse it was an oil burner..

I'm not saying the car is cack...it could be awesome for all I know.. I'm just thinking it's way over priced... even with the HKS strapped to the front..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Muad_dib77

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:02 am

roykeane wrote:Answer me this. With the bits etc, how much do we think this fto will go for, considering that they are asking for €7,500? From the photo it seems to be a GP. Is that a realistic price?

I think €7.5K is a very realistic asking price for a 96 Manual Mivec - has the extra bits like alloys/HKS front bumper and Aftermarket exhaust. Good colour too. OK it has 120K miles - but if maintained properly should be good for quite a few more.

What I would check are issues such as when the dampers / bushes / droplinks were last changed (if at all) - when was the last cambelt/aircon belt/PS belt change done, plugs changed etc? and then reduce the asking price of the car by the amount it will cost you to get it right.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:05 am

roykeane wrote:Answer me this. With the bits etc, how much do we think this fto will go for, considering that they are asking for €7,500? From the photo it seems to be a GP. Is that a realistic price?

With 120k miles I reckon it's only worth around 5k max - you'd probably have to replace shocks, bushes, disks, pads, plugs, filters, etc - could end up spending 1k - 2k just to get it running sweet....... unless of course all this is already done (but I'd doubt it).
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby pergau » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:33 pm

The photos were taken in July 2005 - seven months ago and the keys look like they come from a car showroom (who has a bunch of keys with paper labels tied on to them) so I wonder about it being a private sale. Or is it that it was bought in July and is being sold again. In which case, why.

I have 190,000k on my GPX and it is going fine so that wouldn't bother me but I would expect it to be reflected in the price - €5k max?
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby soc » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:07 pm

I always go by milage and condition - age is just a number for me. IME high milage cars generally need work doing on them after purchase even if they have been looked after hence I'd always be looking to knock the price down - but if this car is mint and needs no money spent on it then I probably wouldn't object to the asking price but I'd wager you'll need to spend 1k+ to revamp consumables on a 120k car
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby roykeane » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:02 pm

To be honest I am being a bit cheeky. I have the same year and colour in the GPX, it's an auto with only 46,000kms and all I have done is added a new stereo. I sent it through it for the NCT with no work done on it (as is from Japan) and the only thing that needed doing was the headlights readjusting - blessed. What would be a realistic resale would anyone tell me, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :roll:
roykeane
Octane king
Octane king

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:18 pm

In my mind, a standard 96 Tip GPX in good condition with low mileage should for in and around 5.5k, give or take.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:44 am

CJ wrote:In my mind, a standard 96 Tip GPX in good condition with low mileage should for in and around 5.5k, give or take.

CJ

CJ - Would you sell your 94 Tip GPX for 5.5K if offered? I think you'd be mad to.

I'd say with a 96 Tip GPX with 46,000km's you'd be asking €7K-€7.5K. Though I'm more than a little surprised that a 10 year old car has only managed to put up an average of 2900 miles per year - I only drive mine on the weekend and I put up considerably more than that.

NOI but if I was buying this car I'd have it up on a ramp fairly sharpish to see how genuine this mileage is.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:51 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
CJ - Would you sell your 94 Tip GPX for 5.5K if offered? I think you'd be mad to.

CJ wrote:a standard 96 Tip GPX

Mines not standard though is it? ;)

7/7.5k is too much in my mind for a standard Tip GPX even with that sort of mileage (assuming its genuine). I know 2 people who paid 5.8k and 5.7k for good condition 95 Tip GPXs last year, I'm not trying to devalue the car but I think I think we should be reflecting on real world prices.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:57 am

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:

CJ wrote:a standard 96 Tip GPX

Mines not standard though is it? ;)

CJ

Not by a long shot - No - but this car has lower mileage (apparently) and is 2 years younger - that has to go someway towards the difference.
My cars not exactly standard either but if I was offered a straight swop for a clean standard 97 GPX Manual with lower mileage - I'd probably take it.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby roykeane » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:54 pm

When I did my research on this car (as much as I could), I did question the mileage and thought all the negative stuff and the guy in Japan was not in the least bit pleased but he sent me the auction sheet (of which I familiarised myself with) and got a mate (mechanic) to check it out and as I stated this car walked the NCT.
Why then do we see silly prices for fto's in the autotrader etc, if that's all people are prepared to pay? (ie 5/5.5k to 7k) Older cars are asking in the region of 13k.

Aside from that, guys/gals get the March issue of TUNER and see the info on our beloved fto's
roykeane
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 pm

roykeane wrote:............Why then do we see silly prices for fto's in the autotrader etc, if that's all people are prepared to pay? (ie 5/5.5k to 7k) Older cars are asking in the region of 13k.

I've yet to see an 96 for anything in the region of 13K??
Dealers will ask 10-13K for facelift 97-99 cars but this is allowing for trade-ins - a straight deal usually sees a drop of at least 1K.

As mentioned if I was privately selling a clean 96 Tip GPX with low miles - I would ask 7.5K in the hope that I'd get circa 7K. I have found that price is very often not the deciding factor in choosing one similar car over another.

I would agree that the facelift 97 to 99's seem to be selling at a premium (something in the region of 5K) - its a lot of money for just a front bumper and a couple of years.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby roykeane » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:14 pm

If you go back on this 'For Sale' index you will find the 95 Silver GR/GP (def not a GPX), Auto with the paint work on the front looking for €10,500 by a private seller (Planet Auto in Carlow). Same bloke, same car was in the Autotrader last August/September looking for €13,500 ???????????????
roykeane
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:27 am

roykeane wrote:If you go back on this 'For Sale' index you will find the 95 Silver GR/GP (def not a GPX), Auto with the paint work on the front looking for €10,500 by a private seller (Planet Auto in Carlow). Same bloke, same car was in the Autotrader last August/September looking for €13,500 ???????????????

You mean this link - http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=3146

I thought we made it fairly clear on that thread that this was nowhere near market price for that car. This is a modified example but its still safe to say he wouldn't have got within an ass' roar of 10K.

If I was selling your car I'd be asking 7.5K in the hope of getting 7K - if you get more than that then fair deuce - but at 10K you will be competing with 97/98 facelift manual mivecs.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby roykeane » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:53 pm

Fair play. I'm not looking to sell but was trying to seperate the b***s**t from the nuts and bolts of what the price could/should be. If I realised €7k plus for my fto in the morning I would be more than happy and it would leave me a tidy profit too. I don't intend to 'customise' the car apart maybe from changing the original 16" alloys to something different in the same size. No - its just fine the way it is.

Thanks for the input
roykeane
Octane king
Octane king

Return to For Sale