A4 TDI Chip

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

A4 TDI Chip

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:25 pm

A friend of mine is looking to get this chipped! any one got any recommendations?? ?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:30 pm

I'd say vage.ie is the place to ask that q, unless Shane can shed any light on this?

Chipped or remapped though? A friend got his Skoda Octavia TDi remapped (recent acquisition, had a GTi before that) and it bumped it 20-30 bhp.

Only thing I could suggest is to get it on a roller beforehand and after to confirm that it does get the increase he was expecting, but I'm sure he's planning on doing that anyway?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:09 pm

I believe Superchips get great results on the TDs, McNamaras on Nottingham Street should be able to do the job, IIRC, thats were Rob (previous owner of my GPX) has his Mondeo TDCi done, check out http://www.superchips.co.uk/ for more info.

Edit: The 1.9 115bhp TDI power increase is quoted @ 30bhp, you should see fairly healthy torque gains as well.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A4 TDI Chip

Postby soc » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:21 am

Dave wrote:A friend of mine is looking to get this chipped! any one got any recommendations?? ?

There are a couple of options but to be honest I think it depends on what model A4 (i.e. year) and what he wants for the money.

I got my golf done with Logica Automotive - they do the Upsolute remap and this was the cheapest option. I paid €300 as part of a group buy and I think the usual cost is €360. Figures quoted for me are 150bhp -> 190bhp and 155ft/lb -> 199ft/lb. I can't confirm these figures but I do know the difference was very impressive.

Other options are Westward in Enfield - they do the Revo remap. Much more expensive but I think in general the gains are much greater. And they do a switchable map so you switch between stock and remap. Think you're looking at around €750 all in.

As CJ said there's also Superchips (McNamara's) - don't know much about them other than the gains (for a golf gti anyway) are quite small for the money - its around €550 for a 30bhp increase.

Suggest your mate logs onto vage.ie and asks on there - someone there is bound to have remapped a TDI (golf or audi) and will be able to give you real-world opinions.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:23 am

thanks lads!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:24 am

kevinod wrote:Only thing I could suggest is to get it on a roller beforehand and after to confirm that it does get the increase he was expecting, but I'm sure he's planning on doing that anyway?

Kev.

To be honest, unless you're obsessed with bhp figures and are one of these guys who believe 5bhp really matters then there's no real need to do this - the difference will be like night and day - you will notice the difference the minute you open the throttle and you'll be grinning all the way home! :twisted:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars