Mitsubishi Colt CZT

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Mitsubishi Colt CZT

Postby Mustang » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:11 pm

When the current generation colt was released I was a bit disappointed by the styling. I'm not a big fan of the tall (top heavy look) hatch back styling a la, suzuki wagon, daewoo matiz, peugot 1007 (and 307), etc.
However now that it is available with a 1.5 turbo unit producing 150bhp I am looking at it in a new light. I like the small proportions and wheel at every corner stance. The 3dr format suits the cars proportions much better than 5dr. Prices are ~€23k. Not sure if turbo version is available in Japan. Will this be the spiritual successor to the starlet GT/ Glanza :smt105
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:02 pm

Nice car for 23K.

Not really hot hatch levels of performance though and I'm a bit divided on the looks as well.

Still its a lot better than the majority of muck avail for 23K.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:04 pm

it's still a bit too tall for my liking!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:14 pm

Personally I think this car just proves how overpriced the irish car market is..... 23,000 euro for that is just bloody madness!!! Not saying it's necessarily a bad car but 23k seems rediculously expensive for such an ugly car...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:25 pm

soc wrote:Personally I think this car just proves how overpriced the irish car market is..... 23,000 euro for that is just bloody madness!!! Not saying it's necessarily a bad car but 23k seems rediculously expensive for such an ugly car...

Agreed the Irish market is overpriced, however this is due mostly to the government. The RRP in the UK for this car is £12999, at the current exchange rate of ~1.5 that equates to €19498 :smt013
You really need to look at German metal though to appreciate how over priced the Irish market is. I am referring in particular to BMW.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:35 pm

soc wrote:Personally I think this car just proves how overpriced the irish car market is..... 23,000 euro for that is just bloody madness!!! Not saying it's necessarily a bad car but 23k seems rediculously expensive for such an ugly car...

Agree the Irish market is way overpriced - but this car represents good value in the warm/hot hatch category.
What else would you buy if you had 23K to spend on a new car?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:46 pm

Too much to pay for too little car...

I recong that first time you take that yoke around a corner at max speed you'd be looking at the tarmac through your sidewindows.. Looks very unstable...
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby soc » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:

Agree the Irish market is way overpriced - but this car represents good value in the warm/hot hatch category.
What else would you buy if you had 23K to spend on a new car?

Fair point - I suppose I'd do the sensible thing and not by a new car... I'd go for something around 4 years old with way more grunt...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:20 am

Can c it being a very looked after car..Looks good as is and then mod it up could look very well..Im a boy racer at heart.. :twisted:
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to Other Cars