Tynagh Karting Meet

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby Mustang » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:11 pm

Count in Ms. Mustang as well for the Karting.
Is anybody bring friends along that are not listed yet?

1: MfFTO + GF for karting (overnighter)
2: Speedyboy (If you dont mind my aul primera coupe)*provisionally
3: Mustang + GF for karting (overnighter)
4: CJ (assuming I get the jammer fixed up by then) - overnighter
5: Dave (any excuse for a session - overnighter!!)
6. Nigel (overnighter)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:17 pm

should be interesting, count my lady in.

1: MfFTO + GF for karting (overnighter)
2: Speedyboy (If you dont mind my aul primera coupe)*provisionally
3: Mustang + GF for karting (overnighter)
4: CJ (assuming I get the jammer fixed up by then) - overnighter
5: Dave + GF (any excuse for a session - overnighter!!)
6. Nigel (overnighter)
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:31 pm

Mustang wrote:Is anybody bring friends along that are not listed yet?

I may have a few - didn't really want to call them untill I had final numbers from FTO forum. I've just called a couple and they seemed keen.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:14 pm

CJ wrote:We've had Mondeos at meets before, I wouldn't be embaressed about bringing along your 100NX!
CJ

and someday I hope there might even be a golf at one of the meets........ on a sidenote - while you guys enjoy the rigours of welly throwing I'll be attempting to fit some new shocks, springs, top mounts, arb's and bushes - she better drive better after all that
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:28 pm

shane wrote:and someday I hope there might even be a golf at one of the meets........ I'll be attempting to fit some new shocks, springs, top mounts, arb's and bushes - she better drive better after all that

I can understand all that work on a 95 FTO but I'd have expected that a 00/01 Golf GTI would not have needed this amount of suspension changed. Are you having handling problems?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:17 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I need to give final numbers to the circuit in the morning.
Whats the story with Speedyboy ? - he hasn't confirmed if hes going or not yet.

I've tried calling SB, no awnser, I've sent him a text, hopefully he'll come back soon.

My missus isn't up for karting unfortunately, she'd rather just watch from the stands :roll: Shane, do you reckon that we're gonna have problems if the numbers aren't what we expected?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:43 pm

CJ wrote: Shane, do you reckon that we're gonna have problems if the numbers aren't what we expected?CJ

Not really - we'll still get to kart but we may not have enough for a grand prix - hence I'm going to get a few other guys to go. Not a show stopper - but it'd be nice to get a GP in.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:45 am

Guys just a quick heads up for those of you traveling tomorrow.......I understand there is a large Garda traffic clamp down operation in place for this weekend, with resourses being channelled into, check points, speed traps, etc...There was something in the news yesterday .....can't seem to find anything about it today though!
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:13 am

Mustang wrote:I understand there is a large Garda traffic clamp down operation in place for this weekend, with resourses being channelled into, check points, speed traps, etc...There was something in the news yesterday .....can't seem to find anything about it today though!

Indeed, there was an article in the this mornings Irish Times on this, the campaign will run for the first 2 weeks of April and concentrates on the main arterial routes.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:28 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
shane wrote:and someday I hope there might even be a golf at one of the meets........ I'll be attempting to fit some new shocks, springs, top mounts, arb's and bushes - she better drive better after all that

I can understand all that work on a 95 FTO but I'd have expected that a 00/01 Golf GTI would not have needed this amount of suspension changed. Are you having handling problems?

Nothing major wrong with the car - a knocking over rough roads which I hope is arb bushes but could also be top mounts. The shocks on these cars are very under damped as standard (especially compared to an FTO) and even more so on the one I bought (but I knew that hence low price) so I'm replacing with a set of new firmer shocks - got some bilstein OEM replacements which are 15% firmer than stock shocks and should tighten up the handling. Also fitting new arb bushes, poly torque mount bush to reduce engine movement under acceleration and lift off (another thing the golf's suffer from) and a neuspeed 28mm rear arb. Looking for a compromise between FTO handling and golf ride quality :-)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:29 pm

CJ wrote:
Mustang wrote:I understand there is a large Garda traffic clamp down operation in place for this weekend, with resourses being channelled into, check points, speed traps, etc...There was something in the news yesterday .....can't seem to find anything about it today though!

Indeed, there was an article in the this mornings Irish Times on this, the campaign will run for the first 2 weeks of April and concentrates on the main arterial routes.

CJ

you'd think they'd have more important things to worry about.... like preventing all these million euro security van robberies!!!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Helen » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:53 pm

that would be a sensible thing for the guards to do, but that is to much hard work,
How often do ye have these meetings and when about will the next one be just so i can make sure i have the car on the road for it
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Right folks, i am out of here, i will see ye tomorrow!!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:54 pm

Dave wrote:Right folks, i am out of here, i will see ye tomorrow!!!

Looking forward to it - don't forget now - 3 bells in Tynagh - I can be contacted on 086 0652525 if anyones looking for directions along the way.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:16 am

Folks, I think it's fair to say that the karting meet was great success. A big thank you to all who showed up, especially MyfeckinFTO (quiskest FTO driver in Ireland!) for oraginising the karting and accomodation. I really enjoyed the weekend (apart from Sunday morning). :wink:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:18 am

seconded! it was a good laugh, apart from the worst hangover ever...... surely i'll get some sort of prize???
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:45 am

Dave wrote:seconded! it was a good laugh, apart from the worst hangover ever...... surely i'll get some sort of prize???

Prize for biggest hangover is a tied affair between CJ and Dave - 5 pints of Fat Frogs each awarded for their absolute dedication to having a night they won't forget but will probably never remember! :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Helen » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:48 am

so i gather it was a good weekend, sorry i missed it now :( , when is the next meet?
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:19 am

i think i'll give the fat frogs a miss...... :shock:

i think there was talk of the nurber-ring for our next meet!!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:23 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Prize for biggest hangover is a tied affair between CJ and Dave - 5 pints of Fat Frogs each awarded for their absolute dedication to having a night they won't forget but will probably never remember! :lol:

Dave, you're welcome to the prize, I'm abstaining for some time to come!

Great weekend guys, it was good to meet up again. Keep your eyes open for some karting and castle pictures of the Saturday afternoon.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:26 am

Helen wrote:so i gather it was a good weekend, sorry i missed it now :( , when is the next meet?

I'd like to think we'll have one within the next couple of months -

Well done to all concerned especially the partners who all got on so well and really participated in both the Karting and partying element.

Karting was good craic - fast karts and a good track.
Drive to Kinvara was a laugh - watching the locals scratching their heads as the line of FTO's drove by was funny.
Hotel was nice and comfortable - very accomadating residents bar - great meal and loads of wine on the pier beside Galway bay - and then the party started - loads of didly-idle-dee music and a good helping of West of Ireland culture and a massive hangover for a few guys that were going to bed when I was getting up for breakfast.

Think we should make this Tynagh meet at least an annual occurance.

Oh - yeah - and the stars of the show - the FTO's - we'll have to get some pictures up.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:28 am

Think we should make this Tynagh meet at least an annual occurance.

Seconded.....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:50 pm

A few pics from the Saturday can be found here, courtesy of MfFTO. The ones at the castle look great!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:17 pm

some good pictures alright, i see there's some scobie in the castle looking down at us!

that'll have to be photo-shopped if we send them over for the UK calender
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:19 pm

CJ wrote:A few pics from the Saturday can be found here, courtesy of MfFTO. The ones at the castle look great!

CJ

By castle - you mean the FTO Ireland HQ. :lol:

I'll go start a thread re the next meet - if we give enough notice we should have a bigger turnout.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

PreviousNext

Return to Irish FTO meets