New Product from RPW - Manifold Insulator Blocks

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

New Product from RPW - Manifold Insulator Blocks

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:32 pm

This is just in from RPW, so if anyone is interested give us a shout!

"RPW is beginning production of a new product range being manifold insulator blocks.

These are a non heat conductive block that would stop heat transfer from entering into the upper manifold on the FTO V6 vehicles. On our own testing on our own vehicle with the lower spacer only, we dropped manifold temps by around 30%.

These will be two spacers one that goes between the lower manifold and upper manifold and another between throttle body and manifold. By stopping the transference of heat to the upper manifold, the incoming air is no longer heated and in effect - is now cooler air, more power and torque.

Best of all fits in around 1 hour and no retuning or mods needed. Cheap, easy and very effective modification.

There is a link below on more informative data

http://www.rpw.com.au/Products/Intake%2 ... blocks.htm "

These should be cheap enough, no more than 150 yoyo's but the same as everything the more we buy in a group the better!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:38 pm

Sounds excellent, think I'd be interested alright. Doing my best not to find things to spend €€ on for the car (or anything else non essential!) but this looks like an inexpensive easy but effective mod alright, could well sneak in there.

One thing I'd be curious about, if the engine isn't releasing some heat into the manifold, and you're getting more air, thus bigger explosion, isn't the throttle body/ etc going to get a bit hotter? Could this have any nasty long term consequences? or is it only slightly more heat and wouldn't really make a difference?

Any idea what kind of bhp increase it's likely to have on an FTO?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:37 am

Kev, as far as i know, it won't make any difference, there is a spacer that goes on the upper half where the throttle body is so no it shouldn't make any difference, it'll reduce it as far as i know!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:48 pm

sorry forgot to answer there about the power, if you have a read through the link it basically states FACT: Every 5°F reduction in temperature increases the density of the air and therefore the power by 1%.

So for example a 150Bhp car, a 30degree drop in temp would result in an additional 3Bhp!
Granted this is theory but the link is pretty comprehensive!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Diddler » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:18 pm

When do you hope to have your hands on them Dave?
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:21 pm

i can get them shipped over individually there's no problems, i was just trying to get a group buy going to save all of ye a few quid. i'm going to throw up a message on the new Mitsi site as well cos RPW can do them for pretty much every Mitsi going, all fto's, lancers, evo's, pajero's the lot really, and with them being cheap as chips hopefully we can get a few to the list. Bad time of the year i suppose. :(
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:25 pm

just noticed there on the link that it's 3Bhp increase for every 10degrees dropped in a 150Bhp car.

so for the likes of a gpx, running at say 200Bhp, for ease. every 10 degrees dropped would yeild 4Bhp in theory.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Diddler » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:32 pm

An extra 12 bhp wouldn't be too bad for about €150 yo-yos
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:34 pm

yeah my point exactly cheap as chips, and even if you didn't get the full 12 say 10 or something it would definitely be the cheapest power releasing mod out there.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Diddler » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:35 pm

I'll be taking one of them off you in the new year. Make sure you stick it up on the Splitrims web-site so I don't forget!!!
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:39 pm

will do, hopefully we can generate a bit more interest from this site.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:33 pm

Would be a nice mod if combined with a RPW Manifold & downpipe and fuel pressure regulator - but like everthing else - really depends on BHP per euro? Once I get my FTO on a rolling road and get a base figure - I may start to look at the above. It would be good to get a baseline to see what power gains I would get.

You wouldn't happen to need a guinea pig to test out the extractors/FPR and insulator blocks at cost by any chance? :twisted:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:41 pm

i'm afraid not, sorry! i think Karl is going to donate his GR for this project, he's getting a header early in new year so i would imagine he;ll stick the insulator block in as well.!

but there are discounts available to all FTO owners club members so you wouldn't be paying over the odds!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Smak69 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:38 pm

Smak69

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:18 am

Similar but the RPW comes with an insulator block for the lower manifold and upper manifold and another between throttle body and manifold, this one only seems to be for the inlet manifold and that's it.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ronanc » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:10 pm

Howye all,

Ill take one for defo dave..keep me up to date 085-7218748

cheers,

Ronan
Irish Mitsubishi Owners Club
--------------------------------
Irish Mitsubishi Owners Club
www.irishmoc.org