New Cat

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

New Cat

Postby mark » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:38 pm

Well as I mentioned a while back the FTO failed on emissions surprise, surprise. It turned out that I needed a new cat. So I don't know if anyone knows but you can get a universal one to fit the FTO. It cost me 450 fitted which could have been worse. Its a Weber high performance one. I didn't realise that most cats only have a lifespan of about 5 years so it did well to last on the 10 yr GR.
Well there goes the side skirts and other bits for a while. :x
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby JD » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:00 pm

Where did you get it Mark?
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby mark » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:07 pm

JD, got it in McNamara's. Ask for Barry and tell him that Mark In DFI, Black FTO told you about it. Tel 8553555 on Nottingham st. They also do Superchips and Mongoose exhausts, wish I wasn't so broke !
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby paulkenny » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:21 pm

Out of interest can a replacement mitsi one be got ...if so any idea how much it costs fitted?
p
paulkenny
Octane king
Octane king

Re: New Cat

Postby CJ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:26 pm

mark wrote:It cost me 450 fitted which could have been worse.

Sounds a bit pricey to me Mark, did you not consider a second hand one at any stage?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:27 pm

paulkenny wrote:Out of interest can a replacement mitsi one be got ...if so any idea how much it costs fitted?
p

Camskill sell a high flow performance cat - best of both worlds if you need a cat on a more permanent basis. Not cheap though I'm sure the Mitsi OE one is more expensive.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... b0s11p2570
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mark » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:16 pm

Paul, possibly twice that price for a Mitsi one.
CJ Did consider a used one but you would have no idea how much wear and tear might be on it and it could cost you 200+ and still could fail so at least i'll get through the next nct with it, it could also be a good selling point for the car, 'new cat, yadda,yadda'
Just my thoughts. Didn't want the hassel of borrowing one etc,etc.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby paulkenny » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:58 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
Camskill sell a high flow performance cat - best of both worlds if you need a cat on a more permanent basis. Not cheap though I'm sure the Mitsi OE one is more expensive.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... b0s11p2570

Yeah, but I get the impression that it is only for use with sports exhausts ..would it not damage my OE exhaust??

..by the looks of it if I bought that then I'd have to buy a full sports exhaust and ..sure then I suppose I'd have to get SS downpipes too ...but still if all that came to around the same price as an OE CAT then :D :D
paulkenny
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:40 am

paulkenny wrote:
Yeah, but I get the impression that it is only for use with sports exhausts ..would it not damage my OE exhaust??

It wouldn't be anything like as severe as a DeCat - but there would be increased exhaust flow alright so your baffles wouldn't last as long as they would have had otherwise.
I'd be comfortable putting the sports cat on a standard exhaust but a full system is one of the best mods you can put on an FTO 8)
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to NCT \ MOT