Road annoyances

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Road annoyances

Postby CJ » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:28 am

What annoys you about other cars or drivers on the road? For me its got to be Micras ('nuff said) and fools who go around with their fog lamps on blinding oncoming traffic, will they ever learn!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Viper » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:40 am

Set the scene....

You're driving along at night time, empty road and your headlights full on.
In the distance you see a light in the sky... a car is approaching.
Hmmm... I think I'll dim my headlights now before he comes around that turn, that way he'll see my glow dim a little and he'll presumably do the same. That way we won't blind each other. No chance.
Around the turn he comes, blinds you for about 2 seconds before he decides to dim, maybe he's doing it to prove that he's dimming his misaligned headlights, but it still bugs me every time!
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Road annoyances

Postby soc » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:39 pm

CJ wrote:What annoys you about other cars or drivers on the road? For me its got to be Micras ('nuff said) and fools who go around with their fog lamps on blinding oncoming traffic, will they ever learn!

Ciaran

Yea Micra's really p**s me off too

My fav pet-hates....

1) The idiots that drive a tarted up micra :)

2) Tarted up anything that isn't designed to be a drivers car (yaris, micra, modeo, etc)

3) BMW drivers who have to drive during the day with their lights on so that they can show everyone else that their foglights work

4) People who won't pull over to the slow lane on M50 even though they are only doing 60mph (I don't care if the cars in the slow lane are only doing 50mph.... I'm doing 80mph and I want to get by!!!)

5) Foxrock kids driving "mummies/daddies" golf/bmw compact.... I hate you with a passion!

6) Renault laguna drivers who try to convince me that their 18.lt renault laguna (with 115(ish)bhp is really, really fast and would be nearly as fast as my GR!!!! arrrrrgggghhh

6) Anyone driving an EVO 6... because I want one and I am very, very jealous (well ok I don't hate this cause I wanna be your friend... please :))!

...... and I'm sure there are more!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:44 pm

the one i really hate is the green/orange civcs or integra's with a nice big white sticker on the back saying "street cred"
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Viper » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:54 pm

How about an 1992 white Ford Fiesta with blue 'go faster' stripes and all the ford badges replaced with prancing horses.... anyone lucky enough to drive around KCR region in the evenings may be lucky enough to see this wonder of performance motoring...
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby soc » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:14 pm

hehe, there are some real "minger" cars out there.... I've seen a few

* read 4 door honda civic saloon with jet black tints, 14" wheels, 60 profile rubber and more stickers than a red-light district phone box

* silver 4-door toyota yaris with one of those mad yaris body kits - massive jap style front and rear bumpers - you know the ones with 3 massive holes and that are about 3 foot high so you couldn't lower your car if you tried..... oh and it has some deadly go faster stickers (blitz, trust etc)... cause that's what makes a supra a really fast car (doh!!)

* and the best one yet........, a 1.6lt subaru impreza with full WRX bodykit, standard interior (so everyone can confirm its a crap mobile) and steel wheels with cheapo hub caps that are supposed to look like alloy wheels...... why, oh why would you bother spending the 2-3 grand on the WRX body kit when you're car only does 0-60 in a week..... and if you are gonna do it then you should at least finish the job!!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:09 pm

3 year old thread revival alert!!!!

I'm sure theres some newer members who could add to this thread!

Another thing that bugs me is other drivers tailgating, especially when theres nowhere to go as a result of traffic up ahead...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:24 pm

Brilliant! Had a near accident this morning... Very annoying..

Here's what get to me..

People that pull onto busy road without looking or judging the speed of vehicles traveling on that road..

3days ago some aul farmer decided his 4x4 with trailer was quick enough to cross the road infront of me.. Only for there not being any oncomming traffic... There was a lot of curses and beeping going on afterwards...

This morning on the way to work some Plonker in a whitevan Seemingly thought he was capable of acceleating from 0 - 80kmph in the space of 20meters (60feet)...needles to say that didn't happen...The Road was a bit went but fortunately I could squeeze through..braking was NOT an option..

I'm starting to think that my car is invisible once the engine is running..

Oh and another thing..(Rant Rant Rant)...I hate those yuppies in Hyundai Coupes thinking they driving a sports car.. Was over taking one on the n2 the other evening... (he was doing about 60kmph!!!)..and I was cruising along at slightly more..but was in 5th...didn't see the need for shifting down as there was absolutely no oncoming traffic..I indicate to make my intentions clear...slide out and as I'm along side him..he shifts down and starts to accelerate.. After a very short while I got fed up and showed him what was what.. I'm guessing he was driving the 1.6. I pity the fool..

I also dislike potholes, speed cams, farmers that drive their tractors in rush hour and soccer..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby kevinod » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:14 pm

Ya, someone pulling out in front of you when you're way too close, or pulling out without looking are well up there, but the main one is being in a queue of traffic in one lane and some smart ass comes up the next lane skipping it all and then trying to pull in near the front. :evil:
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Kace » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:55 pm

Viper wrote:Set the scene....

You're driving along at night time, empty road and your headlights full on.
In the distance you see a light in the sky... a car is approaching.
Hmmm... I think I'll dim my headlights now before he comes around that turn, that way he'll see my glow dim a little and he'll presumably do the same. That way we won't blind each other. No chance.
Around the turn he comes, blinds you for about 2 seconds before he decides to dim, maybe he's doing it to prove that he's dimming his misaligned headlights, but it still bugs me every time!

C'mon - did we not teach you anything in Loughrea :oops: you gotta know the rewarding response to that one

When this happens to you wait until the guy is about 20 yards from you then put your brights back on 8) You're too close to blind him and cause an accident but close enough to piss him off, while giving yourself a little chuckle and feeling of upper-handedness. :twisted:

Who said two wrongs don't make a right...
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JJ » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:34 pm

Prats driving in the middle lane of the motorway when theres nothing for miles in the nearside lane. I'm afraid I come up behind them flash my lights and usually end up undertaking. I know I shouldn't, and it doesn't make any difference cos they are either blind or stupid, but it makes me feel better
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby IrishPhoenix » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:04 am

I hate when people think that indicators are a Statement of Fact, rather than an intention to do something. One quick flash and they pull right across your bow and then look all confused when your are flashing and angry at them. I also hate when I flash a van driver (usually van's) and then they start that lets start hitting the brakes every few seconds or driving really slow.
It never ceases to amaze me how people can make such blatent errors and then get offended when you beep at them. This nerdy little guy almost caused a major crash last week and he was then sticking his fingers up at me! lol. Lucky he didnt get out of his car. It's enough to drive anyone mad (excuse the pun). Anger vented. :)
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:03 am

My pet hate is shopping lists on the side of cars especially if the car has little or none of the products claimed. Driving a 1.0 litre Polo/Corsa/Micra with HKS, Tein, Cusco and Trust stickers just looks stupid IMO. While on sticker subject - saw a nicley modded Aus tank (Holden whatever!) in Aus a couple of weeks back with an extensive shopping list on the side only it read - "Eggs" , "Milk", "Bread" etc - all the way down the side - :lol:

Also really dislike the fake Evo/Scooby brigade with the full bodykit - excepting decent brakes ( still have rear drums - often painted to stand out even more) and standard interiors with the obligatory rear noise box and crap alloys. Makes me smile that anytime they see the FTO they feel the urge to rev the B*ll*x out of their cars as they drive by or if its a Glanza driver to speed up and back off suddenly so that you can hear their cheapo dumpvalve. :smt043
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gtoirl » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:37 am

Who really annoy me are people with telepathic indicators, especially on roundabouts :evil:. !!!

Had a similar experience with a Hyundai Coupe, thought they had a sports car. The specs on those cars are unreal. 1.6 = 0-60 in 11.3 seconds, 2.0 = 0-60 in 8.8 seconds and the top of the range 2.7 turbo = a whopping 0-60 7.9 seconds!!!

As for the starbos, fast car at the low end, but you should play with them on the motorway, oh what fun :twisted:
gtoirl
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Off Topic