[FTO MEET] 5th anniversary

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

[FTO MEET] 5th anniversary

Postby CJ » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Updated Plan

Meet at Kylemore Karting @ 11am on Satuday the 23rd of Feb, note karting is @ 11.30am - don't be late if you're participating!

Karting will finish up @ approx 1pm, at the point, we'll get a quick bite to eat and head off towards Wicklow (route to be finalised) for a drive to include stop off points for pics etc.

Final destination will be the The Woodenbridge Hotelnear Avoca.

See you all on Saturday!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice to all FTO owners - book the weekend of February 23rd 2008 into your diaries! FTO Ireland will celebrate its 5th birthday in February and what better way to mark the occasion than getting another meet off the ground. We need everyone on board in an effort to make this the biggest Irish FTO meet yet, lets aim high and work towards 20 FTOs.

What we need right now is suggestions in terms of location and some form of activity, the idea of a treasure hunt has been mooted and is one I'd be happy to support. Location needs to be reasonably central to ensure evertone is catered for. On the publicity front, we'll aim to get some form of magazine coverage for the meet.

Get your thinking caps on and we'll poll suggestions. You've 10 weeks notice so theres no excuse not to get involved thuis time around!

CJ
Last edited by CJ on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

I Agree

Postby IrishLad » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:42 pm

I agree, everyone has plenty of notice this time round.

I have mostly been involved on the UK's owner club for the last few years and been to a few of there meets, they have track days etc... Only really getting back to the irish forums now.

We could look into a track day!

To give an idea on price Mondello have a VIP Track Pass for €160 in the morning which includes a breakfast and refreshments. The cars can be grouped together so the times are reflected on our team, for which we all get a copy of the FTO group time sheet.

Only catch is you should only have FTO's and no other cars or previous owners with there FTO `replacements` getting entered into the group. Once its the same type car's we should have no problem forming a racing group and being allowed to race against each other that way we get a timesheet of our cars :-) Since its a shared track it would be easier to get a group session and race against each other this way.

Anyway thats my suggestion, but either way think I'll be there.

Regards,
IrishLad
IrishLad
1st gear
1st gear

Re: FTO Ireland 5th anniversary meet

Postby Daz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:48 pm

Dam :(

Would have made a special trip home for this event being special an all but unfortunatly i can't make it i'm snowboarding in the alps that week but i'm sure you'll have a great day/weekend with whatever you decide to do.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:37 pm

This might be ambitious but how about rolling road, track day and it would be class if we could go somewhere for a brew afterwards - be it a pub with b&b in the countryside or something else.

I'm definately game for this..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:26 pm

How about a Mille Miglia style endurance race?

possible charity tie-in
colm_mcm

Postby Bernard » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:32 pm

colm_mcm wrote:How about a Mille Miglia style endurance race?

possible charity tie-in

You mean something like the Giants causeway to Dingle?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:37 pm

colm_mcm wrote:How about a Mille Miglia style endurance race?

possible charity tie-in

Well I think maybe an endurance race across the roads of Ireland could maybe get us in trouble - but could have a treasure hunt type "race" - where you get a clue for a checkpoint at the start and at the next checkpoints give another clue untill you reach our overnight destination.

Otherwise I like the idea of a trackday but how many on this forum would put their FTO out on track?

A charity tie-in is unlikely as we won't have sufficent numbers to generate enough dough.

Lets get some ideas down on this thread and then create another thread for registration for the event. We need BIG numbers for this meet - its the anniversary meet and we'll need a lot of help to eat the cake. So come-on guys - help make this the biggest and best FTO Ireland meet ever - NO excuses!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Well I think maybe an endurance race across the roads of Ireland could maybe get us in trouble - but could have a treasure hunt type "race" - where you get a clue for a checkpoint at the start and at the next checkpoints give another clue untill you reach our overnight destination.

I'm not suggesting we all bounce of the speed limiters (where fitted) all across the country, I like the treasure hunt idea.
wouldn't personally try a track day (18's and Tiptronic wouldn't be ideal)
colm_mcm

Postby elaine » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:04 pm

Well i would not be into the track day, but that still would not stop me from going but the treasure hunt might be good fun
elaine
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:14 pm

colm_mcm wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:Well I think maybe an endurance race across the roads of Ireland could maybe get us in trouble - but could have a treasure hunt type "race" - where you get a clue for a checkpoint at the start and at the next checkpoints give another clue untill you reach our overnight destination.

I'm not suggesting we all bounce of the speed limiters (where fitted) all across the country, I like the treasure hunt idea.
wouldn't personally try a track day (18's and Tiptronic wouldn't be ideal)

Same boat as that I think Colm, bit afraid in case I blew something or spun off.
But deffo up for going to something for this though! Would something along the race lines, be it track or public roads, be a bit dangerous though, overtaking, cops, bad roads, that sort of stuff? Not saying any of us speed or anything but temptation is always there.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 am

i'm up for this .
At least 20 FTO's would be awsome
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm

is the odd zed allowed?? :wink:

I remember the first FTO Ireland meet way back in 2002 in Mondello!!! Doesn't seem like 5 years ago though!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:44 pm

Dave wrote:is the odd zed allowed?? :wink:

I remember the first FTO Ireland meet way back in 2002 in Mondello!!! Doesn't seem like 5 years ago though!!

Back when you were a young fella - eh!
I'm bringing my FTO with the Zed kit along so I suppose yourself and Russ can come along as well to keep my car company.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:07 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
Dave wrote:is the odd zed allowed?? :wink:

Back when you were a young fella - eh!
I'm bringing my FTO with the Zed kit along so I suppose yourself and Russ can come along as well to keep my car company.

Yeah exactly, could only afford to insure a GS at that time!!!

As for suggestions............ I have to say I thought the karting trip we had was great craic and it affords the FTO's widow's members to take part too, I was karting there at the weekend in the lashing rain and it was by far the best karting i've done yet, drifting around corners.
I did it in Longford, good track, and good karts too....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ikeane » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Karting in the rain...that has to be the most fun ever.
You HAVE to go around the corners sideways cause the spray from the turned wheels goes right in your face!!! :smt082
Its such fun

That was in Longord years ago
ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:12 pm

well that longford place was as good as kinvera i thought and they have a paintballing place as well.... could do the two in one day??
Only downside is Longford is a bit of a hole for staying in.... NOI of course! :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby RussMan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 pm

Must book a babysitter for this!!!! :)
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

RussMan wrote:Must book a babysitter for this!!!! :)

You can bring her along too.......
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:22 am

Is there many white facelifts going to this. Just that I had a few ideas for a couple of photos I was running through my head and was wondering if there was 2 others there besides mine that I might be able to try them out, with the help of one of our many good photographers of course!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:11 am

Dave wrote:well that longford place was as good as kinvera i thought and they have a paintballing place as well.... could do the two in one day??
Only downside is Longford is a bit of a hole for staying in.... NOI of course! :wink:

There's paintballing here and karting here if you're interested.
Dingle is about an hour away, it's a great place to stay and there's some lovely scenery on the way, ie. the connor pass.
The only downside is it's not exactly central, I know we're looking for big numbers for the anniversary meet...
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RussMan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:51 am

If anyone wants to live it up a little
www.manorhousehotels.com
I can get great rates at most of these hotels... if we had a bigish bunch you could get half price .... just another option anyway
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Daz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:24 am

I guess since i won't be able to attend this as i'll be on my jolly's my idear might not take but i'll surgest it anyway,

If it's something special you want to do for a 5th anniversary this is what i'd want to do, the ftooc did it several years ago an i couldn't make it but really wanted to do it.................................................................

Nurburgring raceway.

http://goeurope.about.com/od/germany/a/nurburgring.htm

Do a convoy to there do a few laps loads of pic's on the way and while driving it ect and the way back..

Sort of take friday of work overnight sailing to england thursday night travel to it thru the channel tunnel on friday camp nearby friday night saturday spen day on the circuit, camp again spend sunday traveling back to england and sail overnight to ireland (or spend some of saturday after being on circuit traveling part of the way home say to france then camp and travel all the way to ireland on sunday)

Well it's just a thought :D

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:39 pm

I'd def be on for the Nurburgring but I suspect as we need to get as many FTO's together for this meet that this wouldn't be a runner for the anniversary meet. It would be hard enough to get most members to Mondello never mind the Nurburgring.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:18 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I'd def be on for the Nurburgring but I suspect as we need to get as many FTO's together for this meet that this wouldn't be a runner for the anniversary meet. It would be hard enough to get most members to Mondello never mind the Nurburgring.

I'm with you here MfFTO. We're an Irish club so lets do something in Ireland this time around, better chance of a big turnout if we keep it local.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike-Kerry » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:57 am

Dragonheart wrote:Is there many white facelifts going to this. Just that I had a few ideas for a couple of photos I was running through my head and was wondering if there was 2 others there besides mine that I might be able to try them out, with the help of one of our many good photographers of course!

Ya ill definitely go, was in limerick but was too late to park up by ye!!
I reckon paint balling, theres a great place in tralee, and in limerick, or there are plenty of go- karting venues around....ill bring 2 FTOs....that leaves 18! :D
Proud owner of a 98 GPVR Aero Series
Mike-Kerry
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Next

Return to Irish FTO meets