Provincial meets: help required

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Provincial meets: help required

Postby CJ » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:27 pm

I'd like to see us getting outside the Pale for meets every so often ;), with that in mind, I'm looking for volunteers from other parts of the country who would be willing to organise a meet locally. Ideally, we would benefit from a west\northwest meet and a south\southeast meet.

These meets would involve an activity during the day (ideally a Saturday) and maybe a meal with a few drinks in the evening, an overnight stay would be optional, as would bringing your partner along.

We have the summer ahead of us, lets make the most of it get out on the road! Post here or mail me your ideas offlist.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:37 am

Ive no problem organisising a meet here in Galway. Its great here in the summer and I like to see the attention a few FTO's get in salthill on a summers Sunday.

We also have europes largest karting track

But as its outdoor its useless on a wet day (slick tyres)
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby daniel » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:23 am

ill keep an eye on this one, might make my first trip home to galway for it....only three wks to go and ill be joining the scottish clan of fto's, quite a few over there!
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Speedyboy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:14 am

I work for a scottish company Daniel and spend a bit of time over there, Aer Arran has direct flights into Galway from Edinburgh very handy. What part of scotland are you moving to ?
Speedyboy

Postby daniel » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:25 am

Going moving to Dundee, just about 50min north of edinburgh, will be taking those Aer Arran flights home allright, so who you work for over there?
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Speedyboy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:36 am

I work for GM Rads. What about yourself?

Am I the only Galway memeber left regarding this meet when Daniel is gone?
Speedyboy

Postby daniel » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:41 am

Im currently working for Boston Scientific, but im leaving on the 2nd of April. Moving to Dundee to work for W.l.Gore and Associates.

So any ideas when your planning to organise this meet, im guessing it wont be in the next three weeks???
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby daniel » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:43 am

so the crowd you work for are in glasgow (check the site), as far as i know in 6 weeks, a crowd called loganair (i think u book through the britishairways website) are opeing up a galway to glasgow route...should be even handier to you!
daniel
daniel
Octane king
Octane king

Postby philip » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:57 pm

A meet in Galway sounds great, I'm in Galway every weekend due to work, nice way to finish of a shift go for a drive 8)
philip
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Provincial meets: help required

Postby Daz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:54 pm

CJ wrote:I'd like to see us getting outside the Pale for meets every so often ;), with that in mind, I'm looking for volunteers from other parts of the country who would be willing to organise a meet locally. Ideally, we would benefit from a west\northwest meet and a south\southeast meet.

These meets would involve an activity during the day (ideally a Saturday) and maybe a meal with a few drinks in the evening, an overnight stay would be optional, as would bringing your partner along.

We have the summer ahead of us, lets make the most of it get out on the road! Post here or mail me your ideas offlist.

Ciaran

Yep this is a great idea

Ive no problem organisising a meet here in Galway. Its great here in the summer and I like to see the attention a few FTO's get in salthill on a summers Sunday.

We also have europes largest karting track

But as its outdoor its useless on a wet day (slick tyres)

Yep i'd definatly be up for this with an over nite stay, how about if it can be arranged having it in june say sat26/sun27 which is a weekend i'm not working :) :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:14 pm

Daz wrote: how about if it can be arranged having it in june say sat26/sun27 which is a weekend i'm not working :) :)

The main problem here is picking a date that is suitable for most people. e.g. you're available on the w/e of the 26th of June while I'm out of the country :?

Myself an Ralph have been speaking offline about this and there should be plenty to keep us entertained as regards a day and night in Galway. I'll start a seperate thread wiith a poll to see whos interested and available.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:20 pm

CJ wrote:
Daz wrote: how about if it can be arranged having it in june say sat26/sun27 which is a weekend i'm not working :) :)

The main problem here is picking a date that is suitable for most people. e.g. you're available on the w/e of the 26th of June while I'm out of the country :?

Myself an Ralph have been speaking offline about this and there should be plenty to keep us entertained as regards a day and night in Galway. I'll start a seperate thread wiith a poll to see whos interested and available.

Ciaran

Aye that is a problem alright, put a few dates on the poll aswell kid.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Return to Irish FTO meets