FM Band Expander Advice?

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

FM Band Expander Advice?

Postby Mustang » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:37 pm

I have a standard factory fit mitsubishi, single din head unit with CD changer in my car. The radio has an fm band expander fitted.
The numeric scale displayed on the fm band is from 76 to 90, however the actual frequency at which the radio receives is offset by approx. 17.
So when the unit displays 76 the actual frequency it is receiving is (76+17)=93. Problem is, this means I can't get 2FM as it's just outside the frequency range of the radio.....annoying.
I am guessing that there would be a band expander with wider range available, which would overcome this problem, but not sure :?
Any advice would be welcome.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JD » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:02 pm

Mustang
I have a spare band expander. It's an 88-108 MHz type. Maybe that would do you. If you think it would work you're welcome to it, I don't need it. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Mustang » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:11 am

Cheers JD! Will do.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby pergau » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:30 am

I struggled with a band expander when I got the FTO first and although I evantually got most of the stations that I wanted, it was driving me mad. I ended up getting a new stereo.

The only reason that I can see to use a band expander is to keep the car in original condition.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Return to FTO Technical