What are peoples costs and from who, (NI)

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

What are peoples costs and from who, (NI)

Postby verzonr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 pm

i have not really had any luck over the last week , i keep getting insurance ppl from roi saying NI is a different country and same for the UK big names.?? its only for weekend cover too :?
verzonr
1st gear
1st gear

Re: What are peoples costs and from who, (NI)

Postby goz_83 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:14 am

You shouldn't have issues getting uk insurance. ROI insurers are backwards, so nothing surprising there. Quinn direct may be your best bet, as they insure north and south
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby verzonr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

goz_83 wrote:You shouldn't have issues getting uk insurance. ROI insurers are backwards, so nothing surprising there. Quinn direct may be your best bet, as they insure north and south

shocking how many dont do NI, quinn has went nuts with there prices, i had the wifes clio and fto covered for under 1k with them now its about 4k...iv clean record and so dose she, 29 with 7y ncb she is 24 has 4 ncb
verzonr
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:17 am

Maybe if she insures the fto and then you get named driver and insure the Clio. Otherwise you could go for open drive on the Clio if she has fto insured. Try the online quote. It's how I originally got insured in a gr when nobody would quote
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 am

I know we all get ripped off but a 3k jump in price is crazy. I'd ring up and ask to speak to a manager for a reasoning behind this. What works better is if you go in to their office in person. They tend to be more friendly they your within arms reach.
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Return to Motor Insurance