FTO inspection

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

FTO inspection

Postby kevinod » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:30 pm

Hey y'all,

seeing as I'm about to do it, thought it would be useful to have a thread with the things to check on an FTO, how to tell if they're ok or need to be replaced. Guess the common things people have to sort out on the FTO. I guess largely with NCT in mind but not necessarily!

=> bushes, drop links, leaks, belts, plugs, things that need to be replaced after a while, that kinda thing.

Kev.
kevinod

Postby kevinod » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:47 pm

Here's a stoopid one for ya, what tyre pressures are supposed to be on the FTO? Mine feel fine but need to know anyway.

I was told before its the car, not the tyres, that dictate the pressure.

Kev.
kevinod

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:59 pm

kevinod wrote:I was told before its the car, not the tyres, that dictate the pressure.

Correct. 30 psi front and 28 rear should do the trick, you can run 32 F and 30 R which may give you better handling but ride comfort will be marginally affected.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FTO inspection

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:04 pm

kevinod wrote:=> bushes, drop links, leaks, belts, plugs, things that need to be replaced after a while, that kinda thing.

Add pads, engine oil/filter. gearbox fluid/filter and coolant to that list and you should be pretty much covered.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:07 pm

Kev,
There should probably be a sticker (at least there is on mine anyway) on the inside of the doorwell, support pillar, drivers side I think, which expresses the recommended tyre pressure in Bar.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:23 am

Mustang wrote:Kev,
There should probably be a sticker (at least there is on mine anyway) on the inside of the doorwell, support pillar, drivers side I think, which expresses the recommended tyre pressure in Bar.

Mustang

Know what you mean, there's one on my Xsara, none on this one though. Think I'll have to put one in to remind me!

cheers, Kev.
kevinod

Return to FTO Technical