Folding Mirrors (Problem)

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Folding Mirrors (Problem)

Postby ZiNTiS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:52 pm

I have another problem :(
My Folding Mirrors was off they don't move when i press the button to close and open
and i fixed them and now they move but the left mirror close completely and doesnt open it moves a litle but dont open and the right mirror close litle and stops .
Here is one video i found:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ejj7Gxhm7c
I dont know what to do i stuck there anybody can help me with folding mirrors?
Sorry for my bad english guys :P
and
Sorry if i am getting annoying :D
ZiNTiS
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Folding Mirrors (Problem)

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:03 pm

The motor could be at end of life. Try connecting the mirror from the right side to the left side and make sure it works properly. If it does not work properly, the problem is not with the mirror unit, but is an electrical issue. If it works properly (this is more likely) then you may need to replace the faulty mirror. You can use any left side fto mirror and simply switch the internals over. Keep us updated.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ZiNTiS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 pm

goz_83 wrote:The motor could be at end of life. Try connecting the mirror from the right side to the left side and make sure it works properly. If it does not work properly, the problem is not with the mirror unit, but is an electrical issue. If it works properly (this is more likely) then you may need to replace the faulty mirror. You can use any left side fto mirror and simply switch the internals over. Keep us updated.

Good idea i will try it tomorrow now it's too late :D
Thanks for the reply
ZiNTiS
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:26 am

If you need to take the mirror apart, be careful when removing the glass. There are 2 clips and 2 slots holding the glass to the unit. I cant remember if the clips are top, or bottom. Glass is easily removed if you pull with even force along the edge of the glass, trying to get your fingers in behind it for extra support.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical