96 FTO GR

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

96 FTO GR

Postby zacob » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:31 pm

I am buyiny a 96 FTO GR tiptronic just off the boat. It is grade 4.5 i.e(excellent condition) 43k kms. I am getting it for €8,000 full service 4 new low profile tyres. It comes with the sports pack (I think) spoiler and side skirts. Is this a good price. Are the changes on the 97 model noticeable diffferent .I am willing to pay about €10,500 for a 97 , is that reasonable.

Thanks
zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: 96 FTO GR

Postby soc » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:03 pm

zacob wrote:I am buyiny a 96 FTO GR tiptronic just off the boat. It is grade 4.5 i.e(excellent condition) 43k kms. I am getting it for €8,000 full service 4 new low profile tyres. It comes with the sports pack (I think) spoiler and side skirts. Is this a good price. Are the changes on the 97 model noticeable diffferent .I am willing to pay about €10,500 for a 97 , is that reasonable.

Thanks

Do you mind if I as who/where you are buying it off?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: 96 FTO GR

Postby CJ » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:45 pm

zacob wrote:I am buyiny a 96 FTO GR tiptronic just off the boat. It is grade 4.5 i.e(excellent condition) 43k kms. I am getting it for €8,000 full service 4 new low profile tyres. It comes with the sports pack (I think) spoiler and side skirts. Is this a good price. Are the changes on the 97 model noticeable diffferent .I am willing to pay about €10,500 for a 97 , is that reasonable.

Zacob, 8k is over the odds for a 96GR Tip, 6.5k would be a more reasonable figure. The main difference on a 97 model is the facelift bumper (in saying that, there are some 97's going about with non-facelift bumpers). Again, I would think 10.5k is a bit much considerng you can get a decent 95 GPX for 5-5.5k. I'm not trying to devalue the car but there are a lot of people out there chancing their arm in terms of the selling prices they are quoting. Who's quoting you these prices by the way?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby steelroe » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:39 pm

O.K something need's to be cleared up here once and for all.
Can anyone definitively answer the following.

When mitsi introduced the facelift bumper and spoiler in '97 I presume it was for the AERO series only and they carried on making the GR, GPX etc with the standard bumper and spoiler. This is what I think anyway as I have seen several 97 and 98's out there with standard front and rear.

Anyone know for sure.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:00 am

steelroe wrote:O.K something need's to be cleared up here once and for all.
Can anyone definitively answer the following.

When mitsi introduced the facelift bumper and spoiler in '97 I presume it was for the AERO series only and they carried on making the GR, GPX etc with the standard bumper and spoiler. This is what I think anyway as I have seen several 97 and 98's out there with standard front and rear.

Anyone know for sure.

To my knowledge any FTO reguardless as to weather it was a gs or a gpx had the facelift bumper fitted seeing a 97 with a pre facelift then i'd say it was an early 97 but a 98 :?: well all i can think of was that it sat in the show rooms and wasn't sold due to the facelift versions looking better, and eventually was ofloaded at a cheeper price and was only registered in 98.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to For Sale