suspicious "www.floordesign.ie" jeep

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

suspicious "www.floordesign.ie" jeep

Postby paul2508 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:35 pm

one of the girls out of my job spotted this today, she was in canteeen looking out the window and noticed a jeep with "www.floordesign.ie" on the side of it pulled up at my fto. there were two blokes in it, one of them got out and started to take photographs of it from few angles and then one of my reg plate. she took the reg number just incase . at first i thought it s probably someone on here taking snap for the"spotted" forum thread. just wondering is it anyone on here ??
its been bugging me all day. so if anyone sees pics going up anywhere of a white fto,with a 98 LS plate . give us a shout.

cheers,

Paul.
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Re: suspicious "www.floordesign.ie" jeep

Postby eamop » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 pm

wouldn't be a bad idea to call the give the guards a call with the reg just in case and invest in some extra security to be on the safe side you can also check with the company registrations office as to whether the business is registered and who the owners are the information is open to the public
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Moved to Off Topic
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby paul2508 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 pm

just checked there website ....© Copyright 2009 Floor Design Ltd.
Floor Design Ltd is a Registered Irish Business. Registration No. 272036. looks all above board. i noticed that their premises are just at the top of the road from my job. i might even go up asnd inquire about it . im sure they know who was driving the vehicle at that time if i gave them the reg number.
paul2508

Postby Kace » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:15 pm

So a guy took a picture of your car and people are suggesting that you call the cops ??? :shock:

What exactly do you think you have to be worried about ? What use is an FTO and its reg to anyone ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby paul2508 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Kace wrote:So a guy took a picture of your car and people are suggesting that you call the cops ??? :shock:

What exactly do you think you have to be worried about ? What use is an FTO and its reg to anyone ?

im probably over reacting all the same . but why would someone do that??
paul2508

Postby gfalls » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Maybe they liked it. Maybe they took the reg number, to prove how good nick its in, for a 12 year old car??
Think positive.. :lol:
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
gfalls
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'

Postby eamop » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:00 pm

best to be safe than sorry especially if your car has any mods there is a black market for stolen parts in ireland and if someone was taking pics of my car and reg i would want to know why i could understand pics of a lambo or ferrari but ftos are a common enough site these days.the best plan would be to give them a call and ask instead of a face to face probably is a reasonable reason all the same but if you dont ask you'll be left wondering imo any way
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 pm

I wouldnt be worried, the FTO isnt a common sight, (Eamop I got to disagree with you I'm afraid, since I came back a few months ago I've spotted only about 3 on the road while I'm driving and thats in the last 5 months), people always look, and especially if the car is clean and looks good and its someone with an interest in cars then no reason they wouldnt take a picture. I 've often snooped around cars, 'Vettes, Mustangs, Capris, Mark II's, GTR's, SS111's, anything that looks good, and needless to say its all for the interest and nothing malicious.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:37 pm

But my point is what on earth can someone do with a picture and a registration ? Lucky we don't all own Veyrons or the Gardai would need to open a new callcentre ;-)
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby paul2508 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Kace wrote:But my point is what on earth can someone do with a picture and a registration ? Lucky we don't all own Veyrons or the Gardai would need to open a new callcentre ;-)

haha imagine. :lol:
paul2508

Postby eamop » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:01 am

There's four ftos in the area I live in alone there not that rare there's a post on here laughing at someone on adverts.ie for revering to their fto as rare as I said it's probably unlikely to be anything suspicious but Paul obviously had concerns or else he wouldn't have put up the post so just think it wouldn't hurt to check considering he knows where the guys work
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby eamop » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:07 am

Kace wrote:But my point is what on earth can someone do with a picture and a registration ? Lucky we don't all own Veyrons or the Gardai would need to open a new callcentre ;-)

Pics could of been of the back and front of the car not neccessarily of the reg could be for any reason no harm checking it out
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby paul2508 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:07 am

eamop wrote:

Pics could of been of the back and front of the car not neccessarily of the reg could be for any reason no harm checking it out

but the girl out of my job said he went right up to the reg plate to take pic.
paul2508

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 am

Fellas putting them up on donedeal or places like that and advertising as rare is a different story, if you're looking to buy they're not as rare as sellers make out, but as a day to day car you see on the road, where I am anyway and anytime I've driven anywhere, as far as I'm concerned they are rare. Dont know where you're area is but if its near dublin then obviously theres going to be more of them as there is more of every other type of car in that vicinity, be it FTO, Yaris, Corolla, BMW, etc, due to a much larger population.

And ya, I agree with you, no harm in checking if you know where they work, I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing why guys were taking pics of my car, but there could be a lot of reasons for it. Another reason is that he could have known the previous owner, send him on a pic of the car: 'look what I saw today', could be anything, safer to have piece of mind though if nothing else.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby eamop » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:48 am

im in portarlington dragonheart not near dublin and i agree they're not as common as say a civic hence their appeal but, rare enough to take a picture just for the reason of taking a picture im not sure but like i said probably a sensible reason and i would like to know
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dilogoat86 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:55 pm

I have taken pictures of cars I like in the same manner. Saw a Renault Alpine in France and it was in great nick, took a good few shots of it. Car thievery is tough, and there are WAY more valuable and easier to steal cars than FTOs.
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby eamop » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Dilogoat86 wrote:I have taken pictures of cars I like in the same manner. Saw a Renault Alpine in France and it was in great nick, took a good few shots of it. Car thievery is tough, and there are WAY more valuable and easier to steal cars than FTOs.

yeah thats fair enough but paul was suspicious at the start so no harm following it up and if they got close to the reg to take a pic of the reg alone id be more suspicious as surely the reg would be visible in the pic without having to take a close up as paul "eyewitness" stated they did, jesus i sound like feckin inspector morse ,but i would still have to follow it up out of pure curiousity if nothing else
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:05 pm

I can understand your concern and you should follow up on it if you feel its an issue. Bear in the mind that there may be some valid reason for the behaviour. I remember a few years ago I was doing a snag list in our housing estate on behalf of the residents association, a bloke got pretty thick with me and wanted to know why I was writing down car reg numbers, when I explained he was left a bit red faced - while its not the same thing, it illustrates how these situations can be misread.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby paul2508 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:22 pm

CJ wrote:I can understand your concern and you should follow up on it if you feel its an issue. Bear in the mind that there may be some valid reason for the behaviour. I remember a few years ago I was doing a snag list in our housing estate on behalf of the residents association, a bloke got pretty thick with me and wanted to know why I was writing down car reg numbers, when I explained he was left a bit red faced - while its not the same thing, it illustrates how these situations can be misread.

CJ

i fully understand you cj,im probably just reading too much into this.he could have doing it for a number of reasons.
hopefully a positive one :D
paul2508

Postby paul2508 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

sent them an email inquiring about it,and got this reply...

Hi Paul,

I have asked the person who drives this particular vehicle and he has let me know what happened. We currently have a customer over from France working on some displays. One of the lads had to take him out for lunch and whilst driving past your vehicle the customer asked could he stop and take a photo of your car as he is a car enthusiast and they cannot get your type of car in France.

If you need to talk to anyone the customer is still here today as well as Jack who is the employee of Floor Design and the driver of the jeep.

Regards,

Matthew

might just take it as a compliment :D
paul2508

Postby gt94 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:15 pm

First henry now this bloody french some neck :k
gt94
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Return to Off Topic