metallic blue fto in crumlin

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

metallic blue fto in crumlin

Postby AL » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:05 pm

seen on cromwellsfort road, in crumlin yesterday afternoon , it was very dark and pissing raining, but i think the cars colour was icelle blue ??
seen another one about 5 minutes before this on greenhills road , it was heading towards tallaght, dark blue colour??
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:18 am

Sounds like it was me both times car is almost matt brown with the muck at the moment though :(

Its not an original FTO colour its Saab lightening blue.

When i was in crumlin it was raining so heavy and the traffic was so bad I had steam pissing off the bonnet, thought i had a leak but when i stopped to check everything was perfect? Must have been plenty of heat under there from the drive up from galway.

I spotted a red one across from the Sub in Crumlin was that you
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy

yeh thought it was u speedboy

Postby AL » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:57 pm

i seen your car picture posted several times, but the light was so bad that wasnt too sure if it was a purple/blue flip, looked nice. i was driving a black '03 toyota mr2, passed you halfway up cromwellsfort road, i only got a glimpse of the car as it went by, i was in a world of me own singing to nirvana :shock: :?
AL

Postby Speedyboy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:16 am

Ah ok . I was looking at them MR2's now that there coming to a reasonable price, But I belive the engine has a tendancy to go pop!

How do you find yours?
Speedyboy

Postby AL » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:16 pm

i dont know were u heard that, they are very reliable, its a lovely, punchy car, rear wheel drive too :P .

its basically the same engine as the new Celica 1.8vvti. 140bhp standard, mines 160ish bhp, unbelieveable fuel economy, stunning looking little car, i love driving it, but its not very practical :cry: , i can just about fit me golfs club in it , with no passenger.

there is a problem with spark plugs though, if you go to most garages or motor factors, they recommend a set of standard plugs costing 15 euros for 4, these are ok for the irish version, BUT NOT for the jap version, dont ask me why, jap version requires platinum plugs costing about 70 to 80 euros, thats the only problem ive ever heard of from them :D
AL

Postby Speedyboy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:40 am

Ive seen them in the Uk at very reasonable prices and I was thinking about one, I have access to Carolines car so practicality isnt an issue, But when I went researching them I found this type of thing

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1250

<Thread title "Another Blown Engine" >
Found this very surprising for a Toyota,
I read somewhere else that the tip of the spark plug can fall off and destroy some internals thats why you have to use particular ones.

Does it feel quicker than your FTO?
Speedyboy

Postby soc » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:54 am

Speedyboy wrote:Ive seen them in the Uk at very reasonable prices and I was thinking about one, I have access to Carolines car so practicality isnt an issue, But when I went researching them I found this type of thing

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1250

<Thread title "Another Blown Engine" >
Found this very surprising for a Toyota,
I read somewhere else that the tip of the spark plug can fall off and destroy some internals thats why you have to use particular ones.

Does it feel quicker than your FTO?

If you want something that "feels" quicker than the FTO just get a car with a turbo.... :) My golf feels quicker than the FTO unless you're doing over 70mph - already has a serious grin factor so I'd imagine it's gonna be even better when it's chipped (not saying you should get a boring golf though but how about a 225bhp TT . :twisted:, that's what I want next - chip it to 280bhp and you've some allrounder )
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

???

Postby AL » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:51 pm

JASUS, :shock: thanks for that link speedy, im all paranoid now about me car, am listening for every noise now :cry: lol

i wonder what type of modifications these lads have on there mr2's, toyota's engines are usually bombproof, ive a full stainless JAG system with after market downpipes also upgraded filter?, just enough too eek out a few more bph, but nothing too extravagant, enginewise its not one id go mad on upgrading, my girlfriend also had a '00 standard one and never had a problem, ill be selling it soon in the new year, im looking for a new integra r-type or an S2000 might even try an evo 6 :lol:

one of me friends has a new golf diesels and its very sporty n fast, i was pleasantly surprised, he has it chipped too :twisted: , not too sure about the AUDI TT though, each to their own i guess, but i like to know which is the front and which is the back :? good engine though
AL

Re: ???

Postby soc » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:50 am

AL wrote:not too sure about the AUDI TT though, each to their own i guess, but i like to know which is the front and which is the back :? good engine though

hehe, I hear that alright - sometimes I think they look great and others I think they look pants :-) Best look I've seen so far is on 18" RS4 alloys and lowered slightly. For me it's the 4wd and very tunable turbo charged engine allayed to a sweet interior, good build quality and lack of boy racer image that sells it.... an Evo6 would be nice too though 8)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Spotted