Third time Lucky!!!

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Third time Lucky!!!

Postby IrishPhoenix » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:34 am

Eventually passed the NCT last night. It was at 8.40pm so had plenty of time to red line the engine and warm it up. The CO emissions had dropped from 0.54% last time to 0.14%. Some eastern european guy mentioned that with FTO's they should be tested at higher revs or something?? He also asked me if I was selling it just after he gave me the cert!! lol

Does anyone know why the NCT is only for One year (my car is a 97?)
IP
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Third time Lucky!!!

Postby kevinod » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:25 am

IrishPhoenix wrote:Does anyone know why the NCT is only for One year (my car is a 97?)
IP

Nice one... the NCT is seriously messed up with this, a few of us have been caught by it (my first cert was for 3 months).

Basically they say its a 97, so it should have been tested in 2004, thus they backdate it to then. The system doesn't cater for imports at all, the fact that the car may not have physically been in the country until very recently doesn't matter to them. Absolutely ridiculous, but whatcha gonna do... you could appeal, but it'll cost €45, which you may or may not get back depending on whether you're successful. That's almost the cost of another test.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Return to NCT \ MOT