Monthly Jap Heaven Meet - Blanchardstown

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Monthly Jap Heaven Meet - Blanchardstown

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:25 pm

Posted on behalf of Jap Heaven:

For all those in the Blanchardstown area owning a Japanese Car, we are planning on holding a monthly Mini meet in the Blanchardstown Shopping Center in the AIB Carpark on the Second Tuesday of every month starting in February from 8pm - 9pm.

This is not a Organised Japanese Meet as such as we are hoping to start these small meets for local areas so they can meet with there reps and also spread the name.

So let everyone know and if you know people in the area make sure you let em know
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:42 pm

Interesting, but not organised it says... cops wont like that at all!!

There was a car meet thing in Douglas in Cork, old shopping centre, a few months back. There were even a few crashes on the south link dual carriageway which over looks the car park with people trying to look down. Place was hectic, cars and people everywhere, huge crowd turned up, guys doing spins, burn outs, etc etc

Was talking to a cop a few days later, (no cuffs nor nuttin boy, honest :wink: ) and he said that it would never happen again, whole place went to hell. A few ambulances were called for the crashes on the south link and all(although i didn't hear anyone was badly hurt).

Just to top if off of course a few groups of shams met up in nearby subarbs to have a little session of their own, more spins, burns, etc etc.

It was supposedly some young fella thinking it would be a good idea and put the word out, but there was no organisation to it, no stewarding, nothing, so it got out of control really easily.

So, while in theory, regular meets sounds an ok idea, I'm thinking it'll cause all kinds of problems and could well be 'discouraged' by the powers that be.

Anyway, I know you're only passing on a message for them CJ, but just my 2c,
Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:54 pm

kevinod wrote:Anyway, I know you're only passing on a message for them CJ, but just my 2c

Point taken Kev. From what I know, most of the Jap Heaven guys are into performance motors which is generally a barrier to messin' youngflas in terms of insurance. My experience with a lot of these people (people like us!) is that they're enthusiasts, and as such, have a modicum of sensibility when its comes to knowing how to treat cars and all thats comes with the scene. Theres always going to be some flute who acts the b0ll!x, its part of the territory unfortunately.

I'd be inclined to support such mini-meets on the basis of promoting performance jap car ownership while at the same time enhancing the community.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:27 pm

CJ wrote:I'd be inclined to support such mini-meets on the basis of promoting performance jap car ownership while at the same time enhancing the community.
CJ

If there was some way to discourage the 'sham factor' I'd be all for it definately, but unless they stop people at the gates it'll be hard to do. I don't mean to be snobby, a lot of the guys with the 1.0s have put more work into their motors than some guys with 2L and 3L machines, but being surrounded by showing off teenagers isn't my idea of a good evening...

Having said that though, if they ever have a meet down my direction I'll be there checking it out! :)

Kev.
kevinod

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:53 pm

kevinod wrote:being surrounded by showing off teenagers isn't my idea of a good evening...

I'm with you there, my point is that teenagers generally can't afford to run a performance car. If you're talking about the Micra\Corsa brigade then thats a different story.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:21 pm

CJ wrote:
kevinod wrote:being surrounded by showing off teenagers isn't my idea of a good evening...

I'm with you there, my point is that teenagers generally can't afford to run a performance car. If you're talking about the Micra\Corsa brigade then thats a different story.

CJ

Ya, thats what I'm getting at, unless they're going to stop the micra/corsas at the gate they're not going to be able to limit it to big performance cars, you'll get anyone who thinks they have a car worth looking at too, whatever is under the bonnet.

Anyway, sure let us know how it goes if you make it down to one of the meets.

Kev.
kevinod

Postby keville » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:32 pm

must get up to one for the craic cj

keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Jap Heaven » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:33 pm

Hi All :D
Thanks for all your comments on the above mini meet ;) All has been taken into account and as I would love to gurantee you little boy racers as such it cannot be guarenteed. As you are all aware a boy racer is not got to do with the size of the engine in the car he drives but the attitude and lack of respect given to other road users. At Jap Heaven we have in each case had succesfull events all around never having any trouble by these lack minded people.

I would love to say with these meets there will be no trouble but I cant, all I can say that it is been put to the security of the area so they will be there watching the whole time so anyone who thinks they can attend and mess and ruin it for all the rest will of course have there reg taken and reported for recless indangerment which is fully backed by Jap Heaven and also we will be filing complaints ourselfs if it comes to that.

It is understandable that you may feel this way, as was northern Ireland as was the UK and all are succesful there, so its Dublin next. We don't want people who are not generaly interested in the growth of the Japanese Car Comunity turning up or people there that plan to ruin the night for others and that includes people from this and any site that may be advertising this event. We are the biggest and only Japanese Car Club in Ireland that deals with all there perfect creations so we have a obligation to make this work as it has in the UK for years :D

All your support would be appreciated but we also understand your worries and queries and will over time and hopefully it will be in a positive light ;)
Jap Heaven
1st gear
1st gear

Return to Irish FTO meets