insurnace claim question

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

insurnace claim question

Postby Ronanc » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:56 am

Hi all,

have a quick westions for ye all,

At the moment im claiming off my own policy for my car, which some women pulled out in front of me writing the car off! she wouldnt admit liability so it has to be investigated etc.... i was told that ive lost my no claims anyway until the claim is sorted out who is at fault etc... so i mise as well claim of my own policy for my car, which iam doing, so was just wonerding is my policy going to go up at renewal, i was told it will only go up by 10%, which is my no claims, i find this hard to beleive? i only have 1 year ncb,
and whats all this i hear about hibernain putting a 100% loading on all cars?
cheers
--------------------------------
Irish Mitsubishi Owners Club
www.irishmoc.org
Lancer GSR @ .9 Bar psi
86 Levin twincam AE86
Ronanc
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:59 am

Yup, once you put a claim in, you lose your noclaims (or its stepped back depending on your policy) but *supposedly* if its found to not be your fault its supposed to be reinstated. At least thats what my crowd told me at the time.

What do you mean a 100% loading on all cars?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Ronanc » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:02 pm

well fluck that, hope my insurnace dont go through the roof, hope this is sorted before my renewal comes up in may 06", if its not and she is found to be at fault will i be a refund from what the insurnace went up to? or will i have to wait until the next year renewal for my insurance to come down?

i read somewhere that they have put 100% loading on cars?
www.irishmoc.org
Lancer GSR @ .9 Bar psi
86 Levin twincam AE86
Ronanc
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:07 pm

Ronanc wrote:well fluck that, hope my insurnace dont go through the roof, hope this is sorted before my renewal comes up in may 06", if its not and she is found to be at fault will i be a refund from what the insurnace went up to? or will i have to wait until the next year renewal for my insurance to come down?

i read somewhere that they have put 100% loading on cars?

For refunds etc, they'll just credit you AFAIK, insurance companies aren't big on refunds, but I'd imagine if you swapped to some other insurance company after it had been sorted out they'd have to refund you.

I don't quite understand the loading thing, how does that work exactly? I've heard the FTO for example is more heavily loaded than other cars, so it costs more, but what effect does 100% loading have exactly, and 100% of what?
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Ronanc » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:12 pm

i have no idea, all im thinking of is my renewal in may lol, im paying 2700 at the moment on the gsr with one year ncb, would have been 2 in may, but now im back to the start, the girl told me it would only go up 10 % so thats only 2-300e? i cant see them if they pay out 4k for the twinnie and they only put my policy up by that? :?
www.irishmoc.org
Lancer GSR @ .9 Bar psi
86 Levin twincam AE86
Ronanc
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:58 pm

Ronanc wrote:and whats all this i hear about hibernain putting a 100% loading on all cars?
cheers

Ronan, My GF was looking into insuring a levin (AE111) with hibernian. Original quote ~ €500. When she rang back to confirm about two months later it had gone up to €6000 (yes SIX THOUSAND EUROS). They repeated this line several times until she complained to the MD of the company. They eventually came back with a quote of ~€1500, she could get the insurance else where for €400-€500. After seven years and full NCB she had to say :smt098 :smt072 F*(^ off to Hibernian.
Read the full saga
here
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ronanc » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:11 pm

jaysus, thats madness,

i just got off the phone to hibernian, they would say anything over the phone, other than if no money is payed out and there is a claim pending, its will only go up 10%, if money is payed out, which will be for my car, they will add a loading onto the policy! and he wouldnt say anything else... so guess thats me fooked when renewal comes, hope this is all sorted out before then
www.irishmoc.org
Lancer GSR @ .9 Bar psi
86 Levin twincam AE86
Ronanc
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Motor Insurance