Had the NCT today

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Had the NCT today

Postby CJ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Went in for the NCT today, walked into the centre and recognised the girl behind the counter, she used to work in my local filling station, went up to the desk and she didn’t hello or hi, she said ‘FTO!’ :) She had obviously recognised the car from the garage. Anyway, car goes in for the test, yer wan runs out to check out the interior! Anyway, went through the test, took longer than normal in my mind, the NCT lads were checking out the car big time, they were well amused by ICE install in the boot!

What was the result? The tester said ‘You’ve a really nice car, its in very good shape but…’ (ah sh!te, theres always a ‘but’!) ‘…it failed’ The offside alignment (toe-in) was above the threshold by 2m/km, I knew I should have got 4-wheel alignment done when I had the new wheels fitted! It alos failed on the horn not working which I thought was stange as I had used it on the way over to the test centre – it worked out that the grease monkey had been pressing the wrong part of the centre section on the Momo wheel! Bleedin’ thick!

Was on the way out and the girl on the desk starts asking me was the interior real leather, where did I get it, how much did it cost etc. Women love an FTO ;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

NCT

Postby IrishPhoenix » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:54 am

Have my test today in Fonthill, Clondalkin! Hope I do ok.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to NCT \ MOT