Tip box - no kickdown!

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Tip box - no kickdown!

Postby GarLaf » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:49 pm

Heres one for all the gearbox wizards. Since the weekend the tip box will only down-shift one gear when i floor it in auto. It usually drops two gears (ie 4-2) when its floored. Im left with no power when i go to overtake on the M50. Ive switched to tip and that works fine but i like driving in auto most of the time. I only use tip on those 'special' occasions that only fto owners can appreciate. Any suggestions?
GarLaf
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Eamon » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:39 am

Has anyone else been driving it in Granny mode ? Might just need to relearn your driving style.
Eamon
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby soc » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:15 am

Eamon wrote:Has anyone else been driving it in Granny mode ? Might just need to relearn your driving style.

try resetitng your ECU
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby pergau » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:35 pm

I find it depends on your speed and how hard you floor the pedal - if you just squeeze it a bit - she drops a gear, but if you're going fast and you slam it to the floor, she'll drop to second. At least mine does.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby GarLaf » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions people. I ran a diagnostic, it had no faults stored i tried a reset of the ECU. It didnt really do anything but i have only driven about a hundred kilometeres. I slam down the pedal and it should drop two but only drops one. I have also noticed that it wont drop at all over 70 mph. I have looked at the trouble shooting section in the manual and i think the A/T control relay may be causing the problem.
GarLaf
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to FTO Technical