read on

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

read on

Postby chuck » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 am

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter byistlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! :smt024
chuck
chuck
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby JJ » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:15 pm

Yeh it does make it easier if you just skim over it!
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby IrishPhoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:41 am

Word recognition: Gestalt formation Gestalt means whole. Learners who have difficulty with word recognition: Gestalt formation have difficulty "seeing the whole picture." For example, a learner might understand a word by itself, but when read in a sentence, the learner cannot tell you what the sentence means. The learner also has this difficulty when putting parts of a word together to make a whole word.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to Off Topic