Quote for BMW M3

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Quote for BMW M3

Postby soc » Wed May 25, 2005 12:28 pm

After reading an interesting post on www.vage.ie about insurance quotes I went online with hibernian to get a quote for an E46 (2001) BMW M3. Was suprised at €1800 fully comp on a car valued at €55000. Intrigued I rang hibernian and actually got quoted €1760 fully comp!!!

I might ring Axa (who I'm with) out of curiosity....

I wonder how expensive these beasts are to run.......... wishful thinking.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed May 25, 2005 1:05 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by my recent quote from Hibernian, again the actual quote when I rang turned out to be less than the online one! ~€200 in my case. My only real concern with them is that they require your license no. and have access to the national file. i.e. if you get points they'll find out, and presumably load your policy accordingly.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Wed May 25, 2005 1:17 pm

Shane wrote
After reading an interesting post on www.vage.ie about insurance quotes I went online with hibernian to get a quote for an E46 (2001) BMW M3. Was suprised at €1800 fully comp on a car valued at €55000. Intrigued I rang hibernian and actually got quoted €1760 fully comp!!!

I tried the Hibernian site as well, gave me a figure of ~2k comp. That was before it threw me out as it was a 'sports car'.
However this also happened to me when getting the 156 quote, and they ended up giving me a cheaper firm quotation over the phone...and in writing! 27, 4yrs NCB btw!
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance