Selling my FTO....best way??

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Selling my FTO....best way??

Postby adrian » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:21 pm

Hi all,

I drove a 2L FTO for the second time at the weekend and now that I;m that bit older then when I bought it I am thinking about selling my beloved 1995 1.8 FTO GS and trading up. Should I sell privatly and then buy with cash or what? Just that it will be very very hard to time my sale and purchase....I could be without a car for ages if I sold my car and then waited to find the right one.

Thats where buying from a dealer is handier....but also more expensive.
Is there any import company in Ireland that import to spec on demand???

Cheers,

Adrian
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: Selling my FTO....best way??

Postby CJ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:01 am

Unless you price the car keenly, you could be waiting quite some time to sell it. You'll sell if for about 500 quid more than you can make on a trade in, but if the right car comes along in a dealers, then just go for that option, its easier in the long run. As regards inporting on spec, talk to www.autoterminal.com , they may be able to do something for you. Note that FTOs aren't being imported anymore as the importers can't make a whole lot of cash on them with the price of the Yen, or so I'm told.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Selling my FTO....best way??

Postby soc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:02 pm

CJ wrote:Note that FTOs aren't being imported anymore as the importers can't make a whole lot of cash on them with the price of the Yen, or so I'm told.

Ciaran

I think the reason is a combination of increased auction prices for FTO's in Japan, high VRT and poor exchange rate.

If the right car comes along in a dealers take the hit - you'll get a warrantly so that should make up for it.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale