'96 -'99 Nissan Primera GT

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

'96 -'99 Nissan Primera GT

Postby Mustang » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:19 pm

Irish spec has leather & a/c 2L 150bhp. Supposed to be quite good as tarted up rep mobiles go. Anyone any experiences, opinions, ever driven one?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:50 pm

I had one as a company car back in 99/00 in the UK - a burnt orange coloured one :oops: - good handling car - decent performance - ok interior with a good spec.

At the time it was a fine car - changed for a GTI Golf which was less of a hot hatch than the Primera.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:06 pm

MfFTO wrote
a burnt orange coloured one

I know the colour, not the best :)

changed for a GTI Golf which was less of a hot hatch than the Primera.

Damn it. how do you manage to convince these people to buy you 'performance' cars? Most company car drivers get lumbered with 1.6L poverty spec vectras & mondeos.

I like the handling on the primera my old one was the 1.6L (100bhp) not big on performance but I can see why the press always described it as a drivers car. Always felt solid, as if it could do with some more power. Similar handling with a 50% increase in power sounds nice :)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:29 pm

Mustang wrote:Damn it. how do you manage to convince these people to buy you 'performance' cars? Most company car drivers get lumbered with 1.6L poverty spec vectras & mondeos.

Not unusual in the UK to have a 2litre company car - Paled in comparison to the company BMW's and Mercs parked alongside in the carpark.

Mustang wrote:I like the handling on the primera my old one was the 1.6L (100bhp) not big on performance but I can see why the press always described it as a drivers car. Always felt solid, as if it could do with some more power. Similar handling with a 50% increase in power sounds nice :)

Why do I get the feeling you're angling your way out of an FTO and into a Primera? :shock: - Don't do it Mustang!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars