Toyota Celica

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Toyota Celica

Postby adrian » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:49 pm

What do you think of the 199 Toyota Celica GT?

Would you change the FTO for one? I am just still lookng at other motors but will find it very hard to match the FTO for the price I think....so might just keep it or else get me a 2L on. This is the Celica I am talking about:

http://search.autotrader.ie/cgi-bin/adv ... 431f&did=0
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Ivan E » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:31 pm

I don't actually like that model, much prefered the previous one that is of course a bit dated in looks now. I checked out the new specs and to be honest they didn't seem to be that impressive so don't know how that car would fare.

Had a look inside one also around work, just looked through the glass and wasn't altogether impressed either.

Think if I changed mine I'd go for something altogether different although no idea what.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Toyota Celica

Postby Daz » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:35 pm

adrian wrote:What do you think of the 199 Toyota Celica GT?

A mate of mine had a 97 one (same body model) and it was the SL2 version which is ment to be the top version next to GT4 it did look the mutts nutts and was good for the wheelspins and handbrake turns and stuff but on a stright run (on a private road officer) i beat it in my GPX tip

Yes you heard right i said tiptronic which loses about 15% of its power through the tip box so a manual GPX should kick its ar$e, so for that fact alone i would not buy one, needless to say he didn't keep it to long after that and went to a cavilar 4wd turbo
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to Japanese Performance