Xbox 360

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Xbox 360

Postby CJ » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:03 pm

So did anyone manage to get one yet? I'm considering getting one in the new year (whenever they're available that is), I like the idea of a WiFi enabled console with wireless controllers and a hard disk for storing all of your MP3s and games. Its either that or hang out until March for the PS3, on paper, it looks like it will be more powerful that the 360, the conly thing that would put me off is that the PS3 doesn't look like it will play MP3s.....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Xbox 360

Postby kevinod » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:37 am

CJ wrote:the conly thing that would put me off is that the PS3 doesn't look like it will play MP3s.....

Tbh a games console's ability to play MP3s wouldn't even appear on my list, I've got an iPod + computer + MP3 CD playing CD players for that already.

If I go with any of them, it'd be the PS3, but thats prob down to anti-microsoft bias as much as anything else!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:33 pm

kevinod wrote:
CJ wrote:Tbh a games console's ability to play MP3s wouldn't even appear on my list, I've got an iPod + computer + MP3 CD playing CD players for that already

Well you've obviously got a lot more kit than me! Personally, I'd find it a useful add on.

kevinod wrote:but thats prob down to anti-microsoft bias as much as anything else!

Get down off your *nix soapbox man!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:58 pm

CJ wrote:Get down off your *nix soapbox man!

:lol: I've been a Mac man long before it went Unix, even though my job is unix sys admin I reckon the Mac is the best desktop environment. I have plenty other reasons to be anti Microsoft than Unix!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:46 pm

I bit the bullet and bought that core system today, I'll look at getting a hard drive, WLAN adapter and some wireless controllers in due course. I'm playing Project Gotham Racing 3 at the minute, great game with excellent graphics!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CByrne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:19 pm

CJ, very interested in picking one up. Whats the main diffs in the Core and the Premium pack?
I presume both are online ready? Both come with with the wireless Controller(s)?
Is it just the HDD really?

Where did you pick it up, they back in the shops?

Played a bit of Call of Duty 2, was very impressed. I know I'll prob fork out for the PS3 down the road, but PS2 is gathering cobwebs, I need a new gadget!
CByrne
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:42 pm

CByrne wrote:CJ, very interested in picking one up. Whats the main diffs in the Core and the Premium pack?
I presume both are online ready? Both come with with the wireless Controller(s)?
Is it just the HDD really?

The core pack doesn't include the HDD, wireless controller, component HD AV cable or ethernet cable, see full spec here. I have a cheap USB2.0 HDD sourced (60Gb as opposed to the standard 20Gb, you need to do a bit of tricking around with FAT32 partitions to get an non Xbox branded HDD to work, see here).

Wireless controllers will be very handy, I'll end up getting a set eventually, that and the wireless network adapter for hooking up to the Interweb / Xbox Live via broadband.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic