Hello there

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hello there

Postby nixer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Hi all, just thought i'd introduce myself, i'm always on reading the threads but didnt register, so i've finally registered.

At the mo i'm trying to sell my 97 bmw 318is m-tech to fund buying an FTO, have it up for sale now about 2 wks on cbg.ie and carzone.ie not even one call on it yet, have seen a few really nice fto's for sale but they seem to sell quick!!!

Have my eye on two in S&B Motors in Lusk, really would like gp verson R, would love either a red or white one automatic!! my boyfriend just bought a r34 skyline automatic and i absolutely love the automatic to drive, took a manual fto out for a spin and loved it too but would preferably like an auto fto, especially for sitting in the lovely traffic in dublin!!!!

Nixer.
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi Nixer,

Welcome to the site!

Hope you Beemer sells well so you can get yourself a GPvR - if you have any questions at all the guys here are generally very good at helping out.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby nixer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:01 pm

well i'm putting the price down again on the beemer i had it up for 10500 but have it down to 9995 so on monday i'm putting it down to 9500 now as i really want to get my fto!! have a goo at my beemer

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_detail.asp?CBGID= ... ilter=Year

If any one knows anyone who is looking for a very nice and well looked after 318 please let me know!!!!!
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:32 pm

Welcome to FTO Ireland Nixer - you'll find the FTO a bit of a change from the BMW. Don't get hung up on looking for a GPvR Tiptronic - most of the GPvR's tend to be manual but there are a lot of GPX Tiptronics out there - its better speced (comfortwise) than a GPvR so if you see a nice GPX Tip then you should seriously consider it.

Mustang on here is presently bringing in a very clean low mileage 98 GX Tip (180bhp) which I'm sure he'd let go for less than what S&B Motors etc are selling for - http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=3389
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby nixer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 pm

yeah saw that one its very nice, and would defo consider having a goo at it if it was at the right price!! maybe i'll get a call for the beemer over the weekend????

:)
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Danny Kierans » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi there.
Danny Kierans
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Mustang » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:23 pm

Hey there Nixer welcome to the site. That's a tidy looking 3 series the 318 M-tech coupe is quite sought after, I'd imagine you should not have too much trouble trying to sell it. Did you put those front lights on yourself?

MfFTO wrote
Mustang on here is presently bringing in a very clean low mileage 98 GX Tip (180bhp)

Indeed I am.

Nixer wrote
yeah saw that one its very nice, and would defo consider having a goo at it if it was at the right price!!

Drop me a pm Nixer if you've any questions.

@MfFTO, I'll sort out your commission cheque later :wink:

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby nixer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:18 pm

hi mustang, yeah it was completely standard when i bought it, got a friend of mine (bmw mechanic to put them in) but in the bmw-driver.net they think i havent had any calls due to the lights not being the bmw standard ones, they suggested changing them back to the standard ones but thats too much hassle for me as i've already sold them and the separate indicators so i'd have to buy them again!!! hassle and costs i dont want, i've now put the car down to €9500 as its the last week up on the cbg.ie so fingers crossed i'll get a call or too!!!

have you brought in the fto yet?
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Mustang » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:18 pm

nixer wrote:have you brought in the fto yet?

No not yet the car is in transit, due here mid April. Best of luck with selling the beemer.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby nixer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:43 pm

thanks a mill, mid april would be perfect by the way as i can use the skyline till then so i'm not in a mad rush to find another car when i do sell the bmw.

i'll keep ya's posted!!!
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:38 am

Welcome nixer, I see you're in D15, a veritable hotbed of FTOs!
Good luck with the sale, it will sell in the end, 2 weeks is nothing, give it another 2 and you should have some results...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:47 am

CJ wrote:Good luck with the sale, it will sell in the end, 2 weeks is nothing, give it another 2 and you should have some results...

CJ

I'm with CJ on this, 2 weeks in no time at all if you are trying to sell. Have you tried the buy and sell -it is free after all so always worth a shot.

You know we are having a karting meet this weekend, you would be more than welcome to come along, or even come to the pre-travel meet at the Fox Hunter, would give you a chance to meet a few heads, and get a good look at a few different FTO's. I'm sure a few heads on here would be interested in seeing the skyline.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby nixer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:21 am

Hi CJ & Mustang, yeah have it in the buy and sell too ah well fingers crossed someone will ring so i can get my fto!!!

would love to see your cars!!! i'm sure the boyfriend would be delighted to show the skyline off (its his pride & joy) what time are ye's meeting at??
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Mustang » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:41 am

nixer wrote:Hi CJ & Mustang, yeah have it in the buy and sell too ah well fingers crossed someone will ring so i can get my fto!!!

would love to see your cars!!! i'm sure the boyfriend would be delighted to show the skyline off (its his pride & joy) what time are ye's meeting at??

Nixer check this link. The Dublin crew are meeting at 12.30 at the Fox Hunter. Then travelling to Edgeworthstown for the karting. If you want to come along for the karting add you name to the list.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby nixer » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:56 am

well guess what i finally sold the bmw so now i'm out to find my FTO!!! i'll have my cash on saturday so i'll be going out to look !!!!
nixer
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Mustang » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:00 am

nixer wrote:well guess what i finally sold the bmw so now i'm out to find my FTO!!! i'll have my cash on saturday so i'll be going out to look !!!!

Congats on the sale of the BM. Nothing like cold hard cash to make a seller go weak at the knees, but don't rush into buying the FTO. Easier said than done but take your time.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:53 am

Nice1... :-) Should be a few FTOs available at the moment...Happy hunting.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby tymeless » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 pm

hey nixer,
how are ya. i'm in the same boat as yourself. trying to sell something to get my hands on my first fto. was also checking out the S&B fto's. got some advice from the lads and lasses on here. there so helpful. best of luck
Dave
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

fto for sale...

Postby saoirse32 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:44 pm

heya nixer, just seen ya are after an fto at the,
i am thinking of selling mine at the moment, but dont want to advertise it yet dont want the hassle of people ringing me , so your welcome to come and look at it. or if you give me your e-mail ill send u the info and a few pics.
if you have any questions feel free to ask me.
its a 96 red gr tip, only in from jap 6 months. beautiful car.
cheers,
simon.
Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

96 passion red gr
saoirse32
Speed freak
Speed freak

Return to Introduce yourself