WHAT OIL FOR THE GR

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

WHAT OIL FOR THE GR

Postby dan gr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey,anyone recommend the best oil to use in a 95,manual gr,120miles?
Im big into oil changing in all cars and have always done the oil in my cars every 5k.Ill get the best oil money is no concern,i used 10-40 miller and gulf in my integra type r and that kept the engine like new,but what are the clearances like in the v6? i would have thought 10-40 is sufficiant for an engine with that mileage? or does it need thinner stuff? cheers

*Moved to technical
dan gr
1st gear
1st gear

Re: WHAT OIL FOR THE GR

Postby Bernard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

There's been a lot of discussion about which oil is best over the years, search is your friend.
Also, check out the discount section for posts by opie oils... always helpful and worth a PM if you're in doubt.
Personally I've always used Magnetec 10-40 and have never had a problem.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WHAT OIL FOR THE GR

Postby goz_83 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm

motul xcess 8100 5w 40. get it from opie oils. I use it in the GPX and previously in th GR, which is what oilman recommended. If you're near me (north Dublin) and you need some sooner, rather than later, I can sell you one, because I have 3, or 4 bottles to last me and I can order more with no need to rush. its about €40 for a 5 litre bottle. the car will take about 4 litres.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical