Dell Motherboard Install.

A forum for IT related questions

Moderator: Moderators

Dell Motherboard Install.

Postby steelroe » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:58 pm

I need to install a new motherboard in my dell dimension 2400. Just ordered one on ebay relatively cheap. Now in know how to physically install it, but do I need to do anything else once I boot up.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Dell Motherboard Install.

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 am

you would usually install the new motherboard Bios and or driver files from CDs that come with the hardware. Also windows might start asking for you to reinstall devices such as the graphics card, DVD drive and sound.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Dell Motherboard Install.

Postby goz_83 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 pm

You will need to get in touch with Microsoft afaik if you want to reinstall your ms version onto a new MB. The code is a once only install, so they will need to reset your install code. If you're upgrading, or using a new ms pack, you should be fine. Use the original install/boot cd's for everything else.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Computers and IT