Nissan 200sx

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Nissan 200sx

Postby Mustang » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:01 am

At one stage when looking for my FTO I considered buying one of these.
With a 2L turbo charged engine, developing 200bhp and rear wheel drive it is tempting.
Top gear rate it highly from a performance and handling perspective. IMO styling is agressive, if a little on the dull side, not as nice to look at as the FTO. Anyone here ever driven one? Have any experience with them? Any thoughts?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:34 pm

I know a lad in Dublin with one who has the interesting ability to drive it everywhere sideways :shock:

The Uk spec cars have leather which is nice, But they seem a bit twitchy in the wet (like any rwd with any kind of power im sure)

I dont think there as reliable as the FTO but wayyyy more tuneable, I believe theres some close 400bhp,

www.sxoc.co.uk has loads of info
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:06 pm

Nice car to drive - quite fast too - good handling but the standard looks are terrible. Some nice modified imports though can often look like mini Skyline GTR's. The car of choice for most guys who like drifting.

Almost bought the older (popup headlight) version a few years ago while working in the UK - quite liked that car - but the FTO moved the game on a bit when it started to appear on this side of the world - hence I'm on FTO No. 2 (& shortly FTO No. 3!) :D Still don't think there is a better car for the money.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:37 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote: hence I'm on FTO No. 2 (& shortly FTO No. 3!)

Really? got something lined up?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:54 pm

kevinod wrote:

Kev.

That would be tellin Kev !! :wink: (Goes on to spill the beans :roll: )

I've had a few enquiries (& a couple of offers) re my car - it looks like I'll sell it on and hopefully get hold of a later model GPvR if I can find one I like.
I've spent big bucks on my Manual GPX in the past couple of months though - so it won't be going cheap. Its as clean an FTO as you're likely to find. My most likely buyer will come from the guys that know my car - as they know the work that has gone into it - When your own (extremely fussy!) mechanic (who drives a WRX) makes a v good offer to buy - you know that its about as clean as its possible to get.

Regardless of whether I sell or not - I'll still be driving an FTO. The problem with buying the GPvR is that I'll have to start over again with getting it to the way I want it -

For example this is "some" of the work over the past 4 months alone - stainless steel dials & rings / Isotta steering wheel - gearlever -gaiter & handbrake /clear repeaters / green stuff pads / drilled pedals / ITG filter / RSR s/s Exhaust / denso plugs / Alt/PS/Cambelt and tensioner changed / ARB Poly bushes all round and front and rear droplinks / fully serviced twice in 4 months inc oil change for brakes etc / Funky product front Mitsub badge (blue) + rear indent logo (blue) / several days and hundreds also spent at bodyshop for touchups/caliper painting (blue) and spraying/fitment of TopMix front Splitter. No matter what I sell it for the person who buys it will be getting a really good performance car for the money.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:09 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
kevinod wrote:

Kev.

That would be tellin Kev !! :wink: (Goes on to spill the beans :roll: )

For example this is "some" of the work over the past 4 months alone - stainless steel dials & rings / Isotta steering wheel - gearlever -gaiter & handbrake /clear repeaters / green stuff pads / drilled pedals / ITG filter / RSR s/s Exhaust / denso plugs / Alt/PS/Cambelt and tensioner changed / ARB Poly bushes all round and front and rear droplinks / fully serviced twice in 4 months inc oil change for brakes etc / Funky product front Mitsub badge (blue) + rear indent logo (blue) / several days and hundreds also spent at bodyshop for touchups/caliper painting (blue) and spraying/fitment of TopMix front Splitter. No matter what I sell it for the person who buys it will be getting a really good performance car for the money.

Sounds good, lot of work in the stuff that really matters as well as the nice stuff! Wouldn't mind checking out a few pics if there's any around?

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Mustang » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:20 am

Speedyboy wrote
I know a lad in Dublin with one who has the interesting ability to drive it everywhere sideways

:lol: :lol:
Is he part of the 'steer with the rear' crew?

I believe theres some close 400bhp,

:shock: That's a lot of horses. Doubling a cars power output is pretty serious....
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 am

kevinod wrote:Sounds good, lot of work in the stuff that really matters as well as the nice stuff! Wouldn't mind checking out a few pics if there's any around? Kev.

I've nowhere to host pictures - would like to get some up in the gallery maybe?? I'd like to see more of the other forum members cars on there as well to be honest.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:40 am

sure bang them over to Ciaran, he'll put them up (i know he;s away :wink: )
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:37 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote: I'd like to see more of the other forum members cars on there as well to be honest.

So would I MfFTO, so would I! If anyone wants their car to appear in the Gallary section, send me on 5 or 6 pics of you car with a brief description of mods etc and I'll throw them up.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Japanese Performance