FTO 6 disc CD changer?

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

FTO 6 disc CD changer?

Postby White_Beast » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Never knew the FTO even had one of these? Just been down my local scrappy where a pre-facelift GS 1.8 has turned up. After having a poke around and getting a few bits i wanted, i looked in the secondary glovebox (between the front seats) incase something interesting had been left in there and noticed a genuine Mitsubishi motors 6 disc changer. My GR doesn't have one of these though.

Anyway i took it out complete with all brackets etc but it wasn't connected and i couldn't find a lead in the car for it. If anyone has any information on what lead i need or if there is anything else to do with this item in the car i might need i'd appreciate any info, thanks. I assume this will work with my after market CD player? or do i need the original mitsi one?

Model # on back is MR225185 if that's a help.

White_Beast
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: FTO 6 disc CD changer?

Postby Kace » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Yep had one of these as well as the Double Din stereo it connects to. I doubt very much that it will work with any other head unit, but I think I may still have the original unit and lead if you're interested.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby White_Beast » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Might be interested. What price would you be looking at for stereo + lead, obviously p+p will make a difference too. I could put the original stereo underneath its normal position where that tray is.
1994 Mitubishi FTO GR owner 05 / April / 2005 to 06 / October / 2013
White_Beast
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

White_Beast wrote:Might be interested. What price would you be looking at for stereo + lead, obviously p+p will make a difference too. I could put the original stereo underneath its normal position where that tray is.

I think the original was a double din which means it will take up all the space, there will be no top or bottom, might be wrong.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Kace » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Yep - it's a full double DIN unit. Very heavy beast also so not sure if it would be worth shipping to you if you're in UK. Whereabouts are you based (in UK)exactly ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby White_Beast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:03 pm

I live in wales. Although i can see Ireland on a clear day it'd probably be cheaper to get the ferry over than pay the P+P lol. Not to worry, i'll maybe pass it on to someone else or just install in "for show" and source a lead at a later date and see if it cant be connected to my Alpine head unit. Does the lead have an MR-part number on it?
1994 Mitubishi FTO GR owner 05 / April / 2005 to 06 / October / 2013
White_Beast
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to FTO Technical