can the clutch go in a Tip box

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

can the clutch go in a Tip box

Postby pergau » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:26 pm

My car seems a little sluggish lately - it seems like the first stages of a clutch going - it revs up but the tresponse seems a little slower than it used to be.

I might be mistaken - most of my driving has been in very heavy traffic lately but can anyone tell me if there is a "clutch" plate etc in an automatic and if s, how much will it cost me to replace it???

thanks
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Re: can the clutch go in a Tip box

Postby soc » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:32 pm

pergau wrote:My car seems a little sluggish lately - it seems like the first stages of a clutch going - it revs up but the tresponse seems a little slower than it used to be.

I might be mistaken - most of my driving has been in very heavy traffic lately but can anyone tell me if there is a "clutch" plate etc in an automatic and if s, how much will it cost me to replace it???

thanks

I'd get your car to a MUTII tester and see if there are any error codes being displayed - you'll find a link on the services page
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:01 pm

Theres no clutch in the Tip box, a torque convertor takes it place (check this out for more info). I would advise an ECU reset, if that doesn't solve things replace the fluid and filter if it hasn't been done recently. If you're still having problems, it could be sensors or control values, as Shane recommends get it on a MUT-II...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pergau » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:50 pm

Thanks Guys,

I'll tru an ECU reset - I always end up having to do one as soon as I get all the radio settings the way I want them.
pergau

Postby Speedyboy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:55 am

I earthed my MUT connector and I got the "N" on the gearbox display flashing but ive had no tip box problems at all
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to FTO Technical