Wiper issue

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Wiper issue

Postby tsukijin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 am

Hi all :)

Hope you don't mind me nipping over from the fb side, nobody there has been able to help us so far and apparently you guys here are wise :3

me and my bf have got a bit of an issue with our GPX, we took the wiper arms off to change the scuttle over the winter and the car was kept in our garage,
we put the arms back on in their usual position

When they do a cycle now, they go down and into the correct position but then they go back up a little bit and their natural resting place is in the middle of the screen.

So far we have
- changed the motor
-readjusted the arms
-ran the system without the arms before placing the arms on in the correct position
-changed the stalk and therefore the relay
-changed the linkage

With regards to the relay we were told that it was in the stalk itself, as the relay on the diagram is just a fuse.

Would anyone here be able to offer any ideas? we'd be most grateful

Tsuki
tsukijin

Re: Wiper issue

Postby goz_83 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:52 am

Sounds a bit odd alright. So, after the arms find the resting position in the middle of the screen, you have removed the arms again and put them back on in the true resting position. Am I right?

Ive removed a few wiper arms on ftos to respray them and have never had that issue.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Wiper issue

Postby tsukijin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:13 am

Yes that's correct, it's really strange as we remove fto wipers quite often as we are a modification company but for some reason our GPX is having none of it.
tsukijin

Return to FTO Technical