Mitsubishi Eclipse to be converted to right hand drive

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Mitsubishi Eclipse to be converted to right hand drive

Postby IrishPhoenix » Wed May 31, 2006 1:24 pm

The next decision Mitsubishi will make is whether to import the latest-generation Eclipse coupe and convertible from the US. If it does, the Eclipse will be converted to right-hand drive format, either in-house at Mitsubishi UK's own facilities, or by a respected conversion agent. UK buyers are likely to be offered the 3.8-litre V6 version only - Tyrell sees this model as a potential competitor to the Nissan 350Z - and most buyers are expected to opt for the convertible. Mitsubishi UK is again forecasting sales of around 1000 Eclipses a year; the popularity of 'grey' imports such as the FTO has suggested that there is a market for Mitsubishis in this sector. If these official imports are given the go-ahead, sales could start early next year.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news- ... s_id=14242
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby paulkenny » Wed May 31, 2006 2:20 pm

In my opinion the 350Z and the Eclipse are two entirely different beasts, I think the eclipse is a typical yank tank. (Heavy, FWD with a high capacity engine producing a low amount of power for it's size and handles like a pig).
As far as I know it's not even built in japan and is sold as some sort of a dodge over in the US too.
I would be surprsised if the FTO market people would "upgrade" to it, I can't see what benifits it offers other than a newer number on the reg plate.
paulkenny
Octane king
Octane king

Return to Japanese Performance