Rolling Road meet next January

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby keville » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:42 pm

He! He! 8)
keville
Octane king
Octane king

room for 1 more ??

Postby mike » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:18 pm

I'd be on for the RR next week. Is this Westward in Meath ? If so what time do i need to be there? Also if anyone has any idiot proof directions I would appreciate them.( I'm coming from Kilkenny ) Would puttind hi octane fuel( 97 ) in the tank + octane booster help the results, or is that considered cheating? Lets see what a good standard manual GR can do. :P
mike
1st gear
1st gear

Re: room for 1 more ??

Postby Daz » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:15 pm

mike wrote:I'd be on for the RR next week. Is this Westward in Meath ? If so what time do i need to be there? Also if anyone has any idiot proof directions I would appreciate them.( I'm coming from Kilkenny ) Would puttind hi octane fuel( 97 ) in the tank + octane booster help the results, or is that considered cheating? Lets see what a good standard manual GR can do. :P

It wouldn't be considered cheating but i would say that if anyone is going to add that sort of stuff (97octane/additive/octane booster) they declare it incase someone does up a comparision table for the forum.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:53 am

mike wrote:I'd be on for the RR next week. Is this Westward in Meath ? If so what time do i need to be there? Also if anyone has any idiot proof directions I would appreciate them.( I'm coming from Kilkenny ) Would puttind hi octane fuel( 97 ) in the tank + octane booster help the results, or is that considered cheating? Lets see what a good standard manual GR can do. :P

Mike, there are times and directions listed earlier in this thread. I have no problem with octane booster or additive, the gains you get from them are negligible anyway. You would need to have reset the ECU for it too take any effect before your drive down. Personally, I think all GRs\GPXs should be running SUL anyway, that should be enough.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:48 pm

Mike

If your going to be passing through carlow on ya way up you can always call in on me, i'm going and i know the way so you could follow me if ya wish.

Daz...
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:51 pm

i could meet ye on route as well...... i'm in newbridge, so i could link up with ye in carbury or somewhere closer?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:00 pm

Dave wrote:i could meet ye on route as well...... i'm in newbridge, so i could link up with ye in carbury or somewhere closer?

I wouldn't be passing by carbury to get to lucan to meet up at the foxhunter, but would be passing close by there i suppose if going direct to enfield.

Daz...
Daz

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:11 pm

oh so you're going to lucan first and then back out to enfield?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:07 pm

Dave wrote:oh so you're going to lucan first and then back out to enfield?

yep i probably will

Daz...
Daz

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 pm

will you be going up the n7 and on up that way? or what way will ye be going?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:14 pm

Dave wrote:will you be going up the n7 and on up that way? or what way will ye be going?

Yep will be going m9-m7-n7-newcastle-lucan basically

Daz...
Daz

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:21 pm

sure i can meet ye just after the newbridge turn off on the N7.... i'll post my number up later in the week so you can give me a bell and let me know what times and stuff.
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:31 pm

Dave wrote:sure i can meet ye just after the newbridge turn off on the N7.... i'll post my number up later in the week so you can give me a bell and let me know what times and stuff.

sure i can make a quick detour off the motorway to the tougher petrol station just outside newbridge to meet ya, would probably be easier.???

Daz...
Daz

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:33 pm

Lads take it offline please, everyone is getting emailed each time you ask one another a question :)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:35 pm

oh yeah, forgot about that, sorry about that!
and just to finish it off Daz yeah that probably would be handiest...
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:36 pm

Guys, see updated list of attendees below:

Running

Daz
Daz's mates CRX (tbd)
Keville
Dave
Speedy
Ed
Nigel
Mike
Rob (chipped Mondeo TDCi!)

Attending only

Kace
Adrian
CJ

It looks like we'll have a good crowd on Saturday (12 people, 7 FTOs), if I've missed anyone let me know. As regards the ATF fluid, theres no point bringing it along as myself (have the fluid at home), Daz (paid for the fluid!) and Adrian (selling his FTO!) will be the only ones to benefit. This is something that I'll address in a separate post. Is anyone interested in heading into town for a few that evening?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JD » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:09 pm

I'm going to try to come along - but won't be goin on the machine. Wife is in college all weekend, so If I can get one of the kids to babysit I'll meet up on the way down.
Cheers
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Daz » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:18 pm

Well i'm up to my t*ts here in work just came on to say see ye all on saturday at the foxhunters at 9,30 and enfield ect... as i'm off tomorrow.

till then

Daz....
Daz

Postby adrian » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:43 pm

Lads,

See you in the morning. Can I put my new S2000 on the machine??! I've been driving it allllllllll day!!

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Previous

Return to Irish FTO meets