FTO Speaker sizes

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

FTO Speaker sizes

Postby Timmo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:18 pm

I am now currently in the happy place of waiting for my FTO to get registered by the DVLA to enable me to pick it up from the dealer.... YAY!

While I am waiting I thought I sould spend my time sourcing information on all of the thing I need to get the car as it should be! Unfortunatly the car I am planning to buy has no stereo, disc changer or front or rear speakers fitted.

Now I am pretty sure that the rear speakers are 6x9" low mounting profile coaxials but have no idea as to the size of the front speakers and its component tweeter! Can any one fill me in on these sizes so I can see what I can buy?

Thanx
I Love It, I Love It, I Love It!

1995 Black FTO GR, Lowered Suspension, Sports Exhaust, Alpine ICE (bar the kak sony explode head unit!) Called ...Zia!
Timmo
Unleaded
Unleaded

Re: FTO Speaker sizes

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:35 pm

Timmo wrote:Now I am pretty sure that the rear speakers are 6x9" low mounting profile coaxials but have no idea as to the size of the front speakers and its component tweeter! Can any one fill me in on these sizes so I can see what I can buy?

Timmo, the door speakers are 13cm (6.5"), any size tweeter will sit into the dash and again, any 6x9's will fit in the rear shelf.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical