A sad day and a sad decision.

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

A sad day and a sad decision.

Postby Daz » Sun May 15, 2005 9:56 pm

Well lads and lassies here's some news that may shock you. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There comes a time in everyones life that you just can't do what you want and have to do what is required, unfortunatly that time looks like it has come for me, at this present moment,i'm 80% certain that it looks like i might be moving back to England after 18 great years here in Ireland and as such one of my FTO's will have to go :cry: :cry: .

Which one i hear you say...... well that will be the shocking news...... it will be my black baby,(pix's in the gallery section) Not a decision i'm taking lightly as i would have owned her 5 years come september. And the fact that i have spent a fortune on her and nothing on the standard Red one i know i'm losing alot of money, And that she was an award winner almost made me keep her(but i'll keep the trophy) but the thing that swung it was the red one is the manual one and i have had enough fun playing with the Tiptronic for 5 years and i'll probably miss that too when i don't have it.

It will be as some may say a tad on the expensive side (but alot of time and money went into her and from time of ownership including the initial cost i'd looking at an outlay of about 28k euros ((estimating euro changeover prices)) and i know i'm not going to get anywhere near that back, but thats the price you pay when modifing :( )but there will be vairing prices depending on what the new owner doesn't want to drop down the price, like the leather interiour ect (as i'll just swap with the red one) but have no illusions this is a ready made car and nothing will need to be done to it apart from maybe a new sound system (as i went down the road of buying and fitting an oridional dbl din one... not everyones taste i know).

As i said i'm 80% certain so i'll start listening to offer people from this site now, via pm.... and after my trip to england in a few weeks and after i have come back and get the front bumper resprayed to get rid of the stone chips(want to give it to new owner in top condition) it will be advertised in the usual places.. but i said i'd give the enthuasists first crack.

Everything will go with it including 2 practially new 18" tyres only 50 miles done on them.. then switched to lower profile on the front. 25lts of Dextron III fluid... i actually have 33 lts but will be giving it a service to before i give it away. and a set of origional 16's if they are not already sold as i see people need sets. and anything else i can find like the kickplates which i removed and put in the red one but they can go with as well. and anything else i find along the way

So to give you a guide certain things will have to stay on her like the body kit ect but everything else is optional thou i wouldn't really remove the 18" alloys and put on the 16's as that would just ruin the look but it is an option to the new owner for reducing the price.. but the last i would entertain, and nearly say no to but every thing else is there for the removal... lowered springs-s/s exhaust-strutt braces-leather interiour ect including the dextron III fluid as i can always sell that on, but the choice will be the new owners.. so the top price will be 14.5k i know some will say that is expensive.. but i still believe that it is a good price for what you get. Ofcourse you can always buy a standard one and modify it to look like mine but it will cost more than 14k total depending on quality of spray job, quality of leather interiour ect. but as they say the choice is yours ...

This is a gut wrentching decision and minutes after selling her i wouldn't be surprised if i chased the new owner and try and buy her back. But i will be fussy over who it goes to :twisted: , i will want it to go to a good home so some fto related question will have to be answered too, just to make sure. :twisted:

Daz... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Dean » Mon May 16, 2005 8:33 am

I saw that one in Limerick one day didnt I. Its the one with the back seats removed?
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Mon May 16, 2005 9:32 am

Dean wrote:I saw that one in Limerick one day didnt I. Its the one with the back seats removed?

Sounds like Karls one Dean.

Anyway Daz, best of luck with your decision, sometimes you just need to move on. It might be an idea to add the full spec of the car to this thread in terms of add-ons etc.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon May 16, 2005 10:05 am

Woops.

In that case, Id love to check out the pictures.

Definitely post up the add-ons :)
Dean

Postby Daz » Tue May 17, 2005 2:15 am

GGrrrrrrrrrr it looks like things are moving along quicker than i thought
i was looking at moving back toengland at the end of september but it looks like i'llbe going sometime in July.
So from next week the strip down will start....ie. the leather interiour for starters to bring the price down,but certain thing will stay like bodykit and alloys ect.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Return to For Sale