Mitsi Lancer GSR

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Mitsi Lancer GSR

Postby Ed » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:26 am

Hi Guys

I have been off the list for a while, but that is about to change. I just put a Deposit on a Mitsi Lancer GSR (1.8 Turbo). I was going to pick it up on Friday, but I wanted to check Insurance. This is the great part. I'm currently payin 1472 on a Mazda Xedos V6. My new Quote will be... ... 72 euros more until March. Thats quite a good deal. I doubled checked that they had the 1.8 Turbo Model and it is a valid quote :) Not bad for a 200 HP beastie to play with on the roads. Well I have to sell my mazda privately too, so if you know of anyone who wants to buy this (NCT Passed of course) just drop me a mail :) BTW The GSR is a bargain @ 6000 (94 fresh off the boat) with a 1 year bumper to bumper warrenty :)

I know it's no FTO, but I might drop by the next Irish meet to show her off :)

All the best

Ed
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:51 am

Welcome back Ed, I'd wondered where you'd gone ;)
The GSR is a quick motor with a very tunable engine so you should have some fun with it. Show us a pic of the car when you pick it up.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:20 am

Ed - why did you ditch the FTO - you had the best performing car out of all of us, remember !!!

KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Mitsi Lancer GSR

Postby soc » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:05 pm

Ed wrote:Hi Guys

I have been off the list for a while, but that is about to change. I just put a Deposit on a Mitsi Lancer GSR (1.8 Turbo). I was going to pick it up on Friday, but I wanted to check Insurance. This is the great part. I'm currently payin 1472 on a Mazda Xedos V6. My new Quote will be... ... 72 euros more until March. Thats quite a good deal. I doubled checked that they had the 1.8 Turbo Model and it is a valid quote :) Not bad for a 200 HP beastie to play with on the roads. Well I have to sell my mazda privately too, so if you know of anyone who wants to buy this (NCT Passed of course) just drop me a mail :) BTW The GSR is a bargain @ 6000 (94 fresh off the boat) with a 1 year bumper to bumper warrenty :)

I know it's no FTO, but I might drop by the next Irish meet to show her off :)

All the best

Ed

Is there a big difference between insurance of a GSR and an EVO? I'm very much leaning towards an EVO V in the next 6 months but am too scared to ring for an insurance quote :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ed » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:31 pm

Well First thing First. I got rid of the FTO to save cash (I'm Buying a house at the moment) but I got this Disaster of a car. A Mazda Xedos 6. Don't get me wrong. I would have been a good substitute for the FTO. Low Insurance for the 2.0L V6 Engine (1450 down from 2700 in the FTO), full leather interior and an sun roof. The car only cost my 3500 euros too (94 D) Since then I have had to spend about 2500 to get it to pass the NCT (Just passed today). I had to get a new Airbag(700 yoyos) and Steering Wheel (Standard Wheel 650 yoyos), a new back box (140 yoys), tyres, engine parts and a new Horn. Ouch... ..., So I said I would sell the car on while it has a fresh NCT.

I was looking in the Buy and sell for a 1.6 MIVEC Lancer when I saw this GSR. I called up the Insurance company (123.ie) and got a quote for a GSR. They quoted me 1300 ish for the insurance. I told them that they had made a mistake and to check again. I repeated that I was looking for a GSR and not a GTi Lancer. The called back with a quate for 1500 euros. I now have 30 days to get one. I found one 94 D for 6000 and I put a deposit on it. On the test drive I have to say it drives like a dream. The kick from the turbo is amazing and the 4WD is great too. There is not much difference between tha Manual GPX and Lancer GSR in terms of Horse Power, so I think it is a good trade off although I will miss the FTO Looks.

If you are looking for a quote for an EVO, just say Lancer GSR 2.0L as that is technically what it is. I told them about the turbo, but you really do not have to, because it is there business to know what the car in question has. If they ask is it an EVO hten you are sunk, but it might not come to that :)

See you guys on the road :)

P.S. if you know anyone who wants a XEDOS give them my mail. I have fixed all the faults it had, so it is now officially a clean car. I'm selling it for 2500 if anyone is interested.
Ed
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby soc » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:52 am

Ed wrote:If you are looking for a quote for an EVO, just say Lancer GSR 2.0L as that is technically what it is. I told them about the turbo, but you really do not have to, because it is there business to know what the car in question has. If they ask is it an EVO hten you are sunk, but it might not come to that :)

cheers Ed, I suppoes you have to tell them whatever is in the log book although I don't want to play any games with them cause last thing you want is to have an accident and then end up in a legal battle with the insurance company cause they are refusing to pay out :(

Most likely I'm gonna hold the FTO for a couple of months anyway (cause it is a very, very nice car) and then go looking for an Evo V - best looker of the Evo's IMHO. I'd settle for a Subaru as well but it would have to be an STI.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Japanese Performance