Factory Standard Mitsubishi 6 CD Changer

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Factory Standard Mitsubishi 6 CD Changer

Postby Gwyn » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi - I need the cartridge that holds the CD's for the factory standard (armrest) CD player - anyone got one - or can tell me where to get one ?

Looks like mine was whipped at the docks - along with my flare :x

Thanks

Gwyn
Gwyn
Octane king
Octane king

Postby IrishPhoenix » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:43 pm

I think it would be hard enough to get one. Not many people even know the make of the cd player although it could be Pioneer. Maybe easier to buy a head unit that plays mp3/cd's. Thats what I did to upgrade my system.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:51 pm

IrishPhoenix wrote:Not many people even know the make of the cd player although it could be Pioneer

Its Panasonic (Matsushita) in fact, someone shoould have one lying around the place, if not, pm steelroe or Ricerocket, one of the guys is bound to have one in stock.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:21 pm

Mine didn't have a flare in it, but there are torches you can get that fit in there perfectly, see this link on ebay
or Bandit on the ftooc (leather_bandit on here) was running a group buy for them.

Got a silver one for mine, mad handy to have in case of car trouble at night, plus handy to have there anyway.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:44 pm

Somebody once told me that those flares are illegal in Ireland..and thruth in that??

Found this one guy on ebay who's selling 3 FTO cd changers at the moment..

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZumgdirectQQhtZ-1

I wouldn't give him my VIN number though...what would he want to be doing with that???
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby kevinod » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:13 pm

Muad_dib77 wrote:Somebody once told me that those flares are illegal in Ireland..and thruth in that??

Found this one guy on ebay who's selling 3 FTO cd changers at the moment..

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZumgdirectQQhtZ-1

I wouldn't give him my VIN number though...what would he want to be doing with that???

The flares may be, they are illegal in the UK, and being next door neighbours our laws tend to be similar...

The VIN number is a standard enough thing for garages to ask, you'll find with a lot of cars (Citroen I found can be particularly bad for this) that over the time of manufacture, they may use different makers of different parts, e.g. For the Xsara there's something like 6 different brake pads you can have, and 3 different brake master cylinders, the ZX had parts like head lights, front indicators, window winders which were changed over time.

Not limited to Citroen though, VW have done that and I assume so have most if not all of other car manufacturers too.

So, to be sure they're giving you the right part they check your VIN against the manuf. database to see which make of the particular component they were using at the time.

They shouldn't need the VIN for the CD changer though methinks.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Return to For Sale