Won't run!

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Won't run!

Postby gino » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:27 pm

Hi guys,
Have a bit of a problem, today the horn connector on the back of the steering wheel boss broke and the horn was on constantly, didnt have time to remove the wheel so i decided to remove the fuse instead, but not knowing which one it was, i tried each one seperatly, putting each one back before taking out another, none of them stopped the horn. so i had to pull the boss cover back and tape up the wire(should have done this first), but when i now try to start the car, it will only run for about 3 seconds, and then wont idle and cuts out, iv checked all the fuses again, dissconnected the battery to reset everything(for about 15 minutes), but still it wont idle, but if i turn on the A/C it will, turn it off and the car cuts out, the car seems to be driving fine, just it wont idle, what should i do??
Please help!!!
gino
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby steelroe » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:57 pm

Are you sure the horn wire is not shorting off the body
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:44 am

Gino, check all of the fuses again, try disconnecting the battery for longer (45mins) and give the stepper motor a clean while you're at it.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:22 am

Hey Gino,

came across a site with a list of fuses on it:
http://www.funky-fto.co.uk/numbers.html

So the horn is the inside box, fuse 1, 10A. Not much help for the problem itself, but handy to know which one it is...

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Wont run!

Postby gino » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:00 am

Thanks guys,
Tried the battery again, left it off for about an hour, still car would not idle, decided to check all the fuses again, one at a time, one in one out, made sure they were all back in place. Started the car and she idles perfect!!! Dont know what the problem was but it seems to be ok now.
Im not sure maybe its my imagination but i think the car might be idleing a little lower now!!! around 500-800 rpm, maybe it was like that anyway?
Thanks again,
Gino.
gino
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Wont run!

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:06 am

gino wrote:Im not sure maybe its my imagination but i think the car might be idleing a little lower now!!! around 500-800 rpm, maybe it was like that anyway?

500rpm is the usual idle speed, so theres nothing to worry about there. At least perseverence got it sorted!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical