Hello to you

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hello to you

Postby Deejay » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:32 pm

Great site - found the insurance forum very helpful.
I was thinking of geting an fto, Rang QD today looking for a quote and they said they wouldn't cover that car! This has put a spanner in the works, for the time being. I'm insured with them up until september. Will probably wait till then to change the car. In the meantime I will keep my eye out for a particularly fine example of japan's finest. Happy motoring dudes
Deejay

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:53 am

Welcome onboard Deejay :)

As you've found out QD no longer offer new premiums on FTOs. Let us know how you get on after ringing around!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby declanc » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:00 am

How's it going deejay,
I was in the same boat with insurance until I changed from QD to Hibernian thru a broker, got the civic insured and then requested a quote for the fto which they quoted me 3k tpf&t. The only reason they quoted me was because I was insured with them already. I asked them for a quote before I moved and they wouldn't quote.
declanc
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby kevinod » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:13 am

Hey Deejay,

I don't want to go reopening a can of worms, but I thought an insurance company had to quote you for a new car if you're already with them. That doesn't mean the quote has to be anyway realistic, but at the very least if noone else will quote you I thought they were legally bound to give you a quote.

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Deejay » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:47 pm

For sure Kevinod,
I rang a broker today to get a quote and she told me that the insurance co. have to give me a quote because i am an existing customer. The broker told me to get back on to them, which i will. I'm not expecting much, but i'll follow it up quoting the broker's version of the law. See what happens...
Deejay

Return to Introduce yourself