Exhaust

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Exhaust

Postby zacob » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:11 am

I'm looking for an exhaust system for an FTO GR. If anybody has one or could point me in the right direction I would be greatful.

Cheers
zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:34 am

Zacob, are you looking for a replacement or aftermarket unit? Rorys has a Blitz exhaust for sale at the minute, see previous posts in this forum.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:48 am

Hey Zacob,

it was a few months back, but Kwik Fit in Togher had an FTO backbox they were very interested in getting rid of, brand new Mitsi one. It was nearly make them an offer territory at that stage.

Dunno if they still have it, and I know you wanted an entire exhaust system, but thought it was worth a mention.

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:37 am

I presume its the centre section thats gone - there has been quite an amount of 95/96 cars centre sections going lately - I'd say 10 years is probably about their lifespan.

Its a good opportunity to go with an aftermarket system - I'd take a look at what Steelroe has - not sure if its for a GR or GPX exhaust he has though - a GPX will have different flanges and a wider bore though I'd say it would only take some small mod to the flanges to fit - a good exhaust fitter should be able to make up a bracket to fit.

I sold Philip in Galway/Mayo my centre section and backbox a few months back - he just needed the centre section so he has a backbox knocking around if its just a backbox you need.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby zacob » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:34 am

Thanks lads.

I've posted rory.

I need the complete exhaust system as it seems to have a lot of pin holes especially around any welded parts. The exhaust seems to have an extensive amount of rust on it, however the rest of the underneath of the car seems fine (strange) I know.

Getting a new exhaust gives me an excuse to get a new induction kit as well and hopefully get an extra few BHP. Need to investigate exactly what I need to do. Looking foward to doing a bit of work myself!!!
zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:50 am

You may as well go the whole hog - buy the decat pipe from camskill as well and put it all on together.

I've an almost new ITG filter for sale as well should you be interested - no major power increase but it will help it sound better - my mate just bought one but now wants to change to a HKS as there seems to be more power gains with the HKS (Not sure though - there were a couple of other factors to be taken into consideration on the rolling road.)

I bought an RSR exhaust from Rory - added a camskill decat and ITG filter and there's a nice difference in sound plus probably a few extra BHP.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:59 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:You may as well go the whole hog - buy the decat pipe from camskill as well and put it all on together.

On that note, theres a decat pipe for a GR on ebay at the minute, you'd pick it up a bit cheaper than the Camskill branded one.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to For Sale