What donedeal has to offer!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

What donedeal has to offer!

Postby waynebowden » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Hey Guys

I always look on donedeal a few times a week to see what FTO's might crop up.

I just realised 3 cars have come up for sale in the past 24 hours ranging from 1300-3000

With decent road worthy examples getting harder and harder to find could the price of these beauty's be finally on the up?

Your taughts

Wayne
waynebowden
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: What donedeal has to offer!

Postby Mick ah » Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 am

The price of them had to increase at some point.

That said, the one up for 3k was put there by a dreamer. I don't see it going for anywhere near that. The paintwork is too tired, even if the rest is immaculate. It's probably not a gpx either, ads usually say it if they are.

Jan paid 2k for a very well kept manual gpx. The car is lovely in the flesh. I'd probably have said it was on the high side when he bought it, but not anymore.

The black '97 for 1300 looks gorgeous. If I had the money for one for myself I'd probably buy that one.

That red '99. My God, that car is an aweful piece of crap. I went to view it with DubC when it was in Ballymun. It was in aweful condition. The only thing I can see that's improved since is that it has a passenger side wing mirror. Honestly steer clear unless you can get it for 200 or so.

Far too many GSs up there looking for far too much money. They look the part, but they're sheep in wolves' clothing, regardless of price.

That GR with quad exhausts in Cork. Half the value of the asking price is in the exhausts.

That's enough for now. Things are getting better so the price of these are going to go up. I doubt they'll ever go back to what they were selling for during the boom though.

Mick
Mick ah
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Bernard » Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 am

FTOs are going for peanuts at the moment and as Mick said they can only go up.
I think now is the time to get a completely unmodified original example and mind it.

That said, I can't see them being sold for what they were a few years back...

... but I also believe that it's owners like us that can affect it.
If we all asked higher prices for them when advertised it'd soon become the norm.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 pm

wahoo... Sounds good. I'll probably be selling mine at some stage. Inevitable really with house and kid.
Was always hoping to get minimum 2k, so held onto it rather than give away such a good car for under 2k. looks like it might eventually be possible to get something for it as the rarity value increases. It's a very clean (I hate the word immaculate unless a car is actually showroom!) standard 99 aero GPvR manual in scotia white. undersealed etc. Daily driver 50km motorway per day, and kept garaged every night for the past 5 years. I've been lucky to be able to tend to its every requirement (which have been very few, bar standard interval things like plug changes and timing belt / water pump / tensioner / fuel filter etc) I paid 10950 7 years ago (plus another 600 for clifford 650 mkII). haha :mrgreen: seems like mad money. I had nothing else to spend money on back then.
anyway, keep an eye on donedeal and maybe it might show up this summer lads. :ll
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:49 pm

That red GX only has the passenger mirror duck taped on. The guy has it on adverts. I was having a go at him for completely misrepresenting the car. The cheek of him calling it a clean FTO!!! It used to be, when my brother owned it. I like the gr with quads and the black one for €1600 is good but is better at €1500. Prices are going up for sure. I've been waychng them closely since I started my FTO addiction.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Thu May 01, 2014 8:03 pm

When I was looking to buy an FTO I started of with €1000 budget - knowing that more money/time would need to be spent on it. Then I learned that most at that price range are badly rusted, so I kept rising my budget almost every week until a point where I was prepared shell out €2500 for clean example. The one that I got at the end was advertised at €2100 and was the second most expensive FTO on donedeal - the first was white GPvR in Cork that was going for €2600/€2400 - but had a roof and other bits painted black, that put me off.

I think that if I've found one that looked like it just came off the boat from Japan - nice clean, original, rust free, relatively low milage example and it has costed say 4k I would find a way to make it happen. :wink:
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Temeeo does have a lovely fto. At first, i thought he over paid, but seeing it in the metal changed my mind
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby karlf » Thu May 15, 2014 1:41 am

waynebowden wrote:Hey Guys

I always look on donedeal a few times a week to see what FTO's might crop up.

I just realised 3 cars have co
me up for sale in the past 24 hours ranging from 1300-3000

With decent road worthy examples getting harder and harder to find could the price of these beauty's be finally on the up?

Your taughts

Wayne

Not with your ridiculous offers. Do me a favour if your not going to offer a decent amount for any of my adverts dont bid. Your just wasting my time and yours.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby karlf » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:14 am

@waynebowden see my above comment.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby karlf » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Will you ever learn. If you want people not to get annoyed with you or not want to sell you a part at any price don't meet the minimum offer and comment offering less that just pisses people off. You had no intention of buying the items and your bids were just a way to see what the minimum amount I'd accept was. I set the minimum offer so I wouldnt get emails and notifications for offers I wouldnt accept. Maybe you will learn something from this and instead of offering what you know is a lot less than the part is worth judging by you checking donedeal regularly and then wanting a seller to be sound and giving you a decent price because it's been up 2 months you will make a fair offer on an item you might want. You called me a greedy prick, we'll I'd consider you tight one as your not prepared to meet an asking price and instead troll adverts hoping to grab a bargain when someones AD has been up a while and you think they may be desperate to sell. If you want a part you have a choice you can meet what the seller wants or not. If you don't want to and they've got you blacklisted for abusing them or the rules of the site don't set up another one with a similar name or use a mates account to make the same offer 1 day later your fooling no one.
You seem very excited at the prospect of getting more money for your FTO so why bother meeting the minimum offer then offering €300 for my car or €30 for a bumper as this is clearly counterproductive to your cause. You may not appreciate my pricing now but as Bernard pointed out if we the owners ask for higher amounts we can affect the price they sell for. I think this goes for parts too. Hopefully you'll benefit from my refusal to accept your miserable offers when it comes time to sell yours.
I hope you have now accepted that I won't sell to you and stop setting up and using friends profiles to keep bidding on my items. Thanks a bunch .
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby gt94 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:07 pm

Bernard wrote:FTOs are going for peanuts at the moment and as Mick said they can only go up.
I think now is the time to get a completely unmodified original example

I'm thinking the same Bernard I've takin the aftermarket steering wheel off and sourced an original backbox, have the original alloys got too. I'm hoping to get it back to its hay day the only thing leaving it down is the fading colour.
gt94
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby Bernard » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 am

gt94 wrote:the only thing leaving it down is the fading colour.

Not that you'd tell from that picture... She's looking well :smt023
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brccrx » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:16 am

I just meant to say the same :)
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby gt94 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks Bernard and brccrx, but we all know there's things we don't like about our cars that no one else notice mine is paint :(
gt94

Postby brccrx » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Just think of it like its custom faded? :)
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Return to General FTO Discussion