operation restoration

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

operation restoration

Postby neboboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am

as it states. have my 95 fto gona get her to factory spec or as close to it as i can. the car i have is pretty much standard got including the original fto floor mats . got original fto wheels aswell . need a few bits and bobs first thing is the ifs sensor and fitting guide then a new set of front discs as the bones on it ar rusty mite get the fto marked ones on ebay. then i need the orignal aerial asine broken. also can anyone tell me if the tempreture conttol buttons on the left of the dash the ones that u use to change the fan speed shud these light up when u turn the lights on like dash lights do and guage lights do. need to get exhaust repaired 4 breaks in it. and then pretty much body work need a new bonnet if anyone has one grey that they dont want. also.need the yoke that secures the space saver
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Re: operation restoration

Postby Sebastian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 pm

:wel
Please organise your writing .It took me a few minutes to understand what you are after .
Also , please update your Location in your profile , might be easier to get help and answers from local members .

happy posting
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm

:whs

I won't read that until it's fixed.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 am

relax lads will ya i sent it from my phone as my laptop broke and ive an old phone
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 am

Full stops go along way. You have some in there, but the message is too messy. I'm also typing on a phone. Location will help if you want club members to make offers for things you need.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 am

Sorry about all the mess lads, fixed my laptop put a new Operating system on it fixed it perfectly,

Well it was a busy few days parked my celica up and took the FTO out for some TLC, took everything out of the boot and took the rear seats out as I knew it would have loads of crap under the seats which it did .

Cleaned it all up took seats inside and hoovered em and took a few stains out of them , also washed the space saver and re tightened the wheel nuts, also got the log book aswell, car had 8 previous owners and was registered in 2000 in Ireland .

The exhaust needs to be fixed on her 4 breaks in it , has 188 thousand kilometers on it , my Celica is 01 and it has 195k on it lol , so not to bad, looked for the IFS sensor on Ebay couldnt find it anywhere will get a spare one somewhere,

Also cleaned up the entire engine bay took all the connections out of all the leads and cleaned em all and changed the oil and oil filter on it .

Heres a few pics

neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby neboboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 am

Apologies if the images are too big I just uploaded the image link from Photobucket and thats how they appeared
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Kace » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 am

Nice work. 8 owners - wow!
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am

Good job man. That's some good tlc.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm

thanks lads , been talking to Gerry I think he will have most of the parts i need to restore her to factory spec,

I hope he has the same color bonnet as it seems to be the only part on the car that is in any way damaged , someone who had it must have had a bad relationship cos I SUX is scratched into the bonnet lol ,
Apart from that wheels will need a refurb , is it weird that I am actually looking forward to doing that haha

ordered a new little red Mitsubishi badge for the front bumper aswell.
I need to know should all the buttons on the dash for the temperature control light up when you turn the lights on ,
the digital read out for the heating all works fine lights up perfect lights for the gauges and dash all fine but the button for turning the fan speed up doesnt light up at night ?

also can anyone tell me what the standard back box for these cars is
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 pm

The fan speed light should light up, yes. It won't be hard to find a standard back box tbh.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Cool lads thanks a lot waiting on a lot of tax back from rent so when i get that il be investing about 500 euro in this car to get her back to good proper standard spec ,

might even go into them dent magic lads to fix a few of the pin bumps on the body , under the car is actually surprisingly clean and clear of rust thank god ,

So il get a list of parts i need together , do you think replacing the centre console will sort that prblem or coudl it just be a wire or fuse ,
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 am

neboboy wrote:or coudl it just be a wire or fuse ,

A bulb
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 pm

goz_83 wrote:
neboboy wrote:or coudl it just be a wire or fuse ,

A bulb

haha good job blonde moment
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby neboboy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Ok update,

got the new FTO carbon badges for the front and rear,
cleaned up the wheels a little but gona do a full job on em next week,

I dropped the car up to a garage that does Pre NCT tests,
told me the following ,

Needs a new exhaust which I knew about ,
needs new wiper blades,
needs a few of the fluids topped up power steering etc,
Needs tracking and allignment done
and a little bit of rust just below the sump needs to be scratced off he said,
but apart from that he said shes in great nick all around for her age,

So I was wondering when I get her NCTd what would be the price I would sell this car for ,
itl be all original when I sell her on , have the aerial and hopefully get the same color bonnet aswell to smarten her up a bit but itl be all original on her nothing aftermarket,
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Honestly, you'll be lucky to get 700 for it. It's a 95GR. The gpx is having trouble fetching that price these days. It's a keeper, not a seller unless you need the money, or unless the car is going to be left to decay.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Cheers man appreciate the info , as I said I got it for cheap so anything over 500 euro is a profit to me ,

its a lovely car but I hav no delusions of grandure I know how old it is and now know how much they would fetch thanks tho appreciate it , and anyone on here willing to make me an offer is more than welcome to .

As you can all see its an unabused one with very little problems ,
Sure when I get her NCTd il stick it up for a grand OVNO , Or swap for somethign smaller , I like them 3 door almeras,
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby neboboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 pm

Did a full detail on the car today got the layers of tar off it and a good waxing and polishing

bought all the spray for the wheels will get em done next week was way to cold today

neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby neboboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Got the alignment done today your man said its the worst he ever seen but that it was just a simple adjustment to get her back in place again , the toe in and camber where all over the shop he fixed the whole thing , steering response is solid now , rear Camber is slightly off but nothing that would fail an NCT he said on so thats good,

Still have to get the exhaust sorted , Ice Tronix are gona do it for me on Saturday hopefully, but once thats sorted thatl be it for the NCT i think ,
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 am

Good work. Hope she gets a good home after the tlc you're giving to her. I'd love another FTO, but the tax is just a massive turn off for me. 1 of them is painful enough tbh
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby neboboy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Got the parts i needed off gerry thanks man. ifs sensor worked rev guage is back working . bit fiddly getting the broken aerial out but got it out and its working fine also new bonnet looks great after a polish. was taking the console out to get at the gear surround to put tye - symbol back onto the tiptronic surround and i broke it gerry might need another one :( also trying to get that little blue piece in place is a pain in the chops
neboboy
1st gear
1st gear

Postby brccrx » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Lovely looking motor lad!
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Return to General FTO Discussion