Drag Wars [13/14th March 2004]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Drag Wars [13/14th March 2004]

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:32 pm

Guys, FYI. I'm open minded on this one, what do you think?

Hi There,
This is Keith@FlushBus magazine,I have sent you an attachment of an application form in connection of our event on 13th/14th March which is the 1st ever two lane quarter mile held in Ireland professionally timed and organized on a brand new tarmac laid 1mile airfield in Co.Longford.I'm giving you and your club five spaces so if you come along you can promote your club on the day.

All details for Drag Warz are on the application form,please make sure you and your club members write on top that they're from your club.

Application form - http://www.fto-ireland.com/images/misc/ ... 20Form.gif (450kb)

Advert - http://www.fto-ireland.com/images/misc/drag_warz.jpg (280Kb)
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:27 pm

it'd be nice to see some FTO's hand those civic's their asses on a plate alright, plus it could drive more focus to the club, only thing though would be the attention you'd get!!!
soverign rings and nike air max..... :r
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:03 pm

Dave wrote:soverign rings and nike air max..... :r

I have the same seniments alright :?

Just to set the scene:

"Jaysus buddy my bleedin' Punto'll kick the shyte outta you'or FTO any day, wanna race dooya, dooya wanna bleedin race or wha'?"

In saying that, I reckon there will be load of decent Jap cars there, I'm sure the jap-heaven.com lads will have a good turnout.

Yehs bleedin' mad yokes

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:09 pm

too true :P
but there would be some decent stuff there alright, and any publicity could and would do the club some good. i know i wouldn't race but even if a few did it just to get a quarter mile time....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Dave wrote:too true :P
but there would be some decent stuff there alright, and any publicity could and would do the club some good. i know i wouldn't race but even if a few did it just to get a quarter mile time....

True, publicity is a good thing after all, I'd be up for the 1/4 mile, but a manual would be better times. Anyone else?

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:39 pm

I was at one in limerick last year. it was good craic, Ive a few videos of it here, There was some fairly serious cars there an R34/R33 skylines,couple of EVOs and few GTiR . The quickest on the day was 12.05 i think.

Unfortunately the track wasnt up to much it was the ambulance track from the race track and the braking distance before the turn was fairly sharp.
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

drag wars

Postby mike » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:55 pm

I'd be up for it even if I just went to supprt whoever raced. I would race if u wanted but I have a lowly 176.1 BHP GR. Either way I'd be up for it if a few more lads were going. ( Is it an over-nighter ? )
mike
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:06 pm

Can I get a show of hands from people who would be interested in meeting up and heading down on the Sunday morning (14th)? Theres not a whole lot of point running, but I reckon it would be a good day out nonetheless. Its €18 admission and it kicks off @ 10am.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:05 pm

CJ wrote:Can I get a show of hands from people who would be interested in meeting up and heading down on the Sunday morning (14th)? Theres not a whole lot of point running, but I reckon it would be a good day out nonetheless. Its €18 admission and it kicks off @ 10am.

Ciaran

Not for me I'm afraid - even though there will probably be some great cars there, having seen some of the horrible people who went to the car shows in the RDS over the past couple of years I suspect the majority of people there will be those to whom I have a serious allergy............
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:35 pm

shane wrote:Not for me I'm afraid - even though there will probably be some great cars there, having seen some of the horrible people who went to the car shows in the RDS over the past couple of years I suspect the majority of people there will be those to whom I have a serious allergy............

Hmm, typical southsider ;)
You'll have to come out of hiding eventually!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:06 pm

CJ wrote:
shane wrote:Not for me I'm afraid - even though there will probably be some great cars there, having seen some of the horrible people who went to the car shows in the RDS over the past couple of years I suspect the majority of people there will be those to whom I have a serious allergy............

Hmm, typical southsider ;)
You'll have to come out of hiding eventually!

Ciaran

Hehe, actually I'm a hurly waving northsider born and bred........ i just found a nice southside wife who slowly wore me down :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:23 am

CJ wrote:Can I get a show of hands from people who would be interested in meeting up and heading down on the Sunday morning (14th)? Theres not a whole lot of point running, but I reckon it would be a good day out nonetheless. Its €18 admission and it kicks off @ 10am.

Ciaran

No can do i'm afraid i'm working that wknd :x

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

dRAG WARS

Postby mike » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:57 am

I'm up for it. Count me in. Where theres cars there should be FTO's. One of the naturally best looking cars in Ireland. Thats what this forum is all about I thought. They may be faster, but there's more to the FTO than that. As for racing, if it's one againts one the worst you can come is second. I'd do it just for a personal time and the thrill of it. There must be someone else out there who would go for it? :twisted:
mike
1st gear
1st gear

Re: dRAG WARS

Postby CJ » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:29 am

mike wrote:I'm up for it

So thats one more person apart from myself :roll:
You can only try I suppose...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin