Last minute "micro meet"

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Last minute "micro meet"

Postby Temeeo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Just this Sunday I decided to take advantage of the good weather and go for a "Sunday drive", then I remembered that there was one member who seemed to be as eager as me to meet "the others" - GIOs FTO (George). One pm and few texts later I was on my way to Fairview. I'm still wiping a big grin off my face. Can't even imagine what is it like when say five/ten FTO's get together.

Here is a few pictures of my GPX and Gio's GX:

Image\

99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: Last minute "micro meet"

Postby Kace » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Nice one - I wasn't aware that the owner of the 99-MH was on here. I live around the corner and see this FTO every day. We can have another mini-meet once mine comes out of hibernation from next month.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 pm

I wasn't aware that the owner of the 99-MH was on here

- he only ever posted twice or so, in the "Irish FTO Meets" section.

We can have another mini-meet once mine comes out of hibernation from next month.

- that would be great, GIOs FTO (the 99-MH) mentioned that he is in touch with some other chap who has three FTO's (he has shown me a picture with red, black and blue FTO in a driveway - I'm thinking DubC?) that would come too if given proper notice. That's four already. :D
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Yeah that's DubC with the 3 ftos. If its before the end of April, i can come too on Sunday. I'm only 5 minutes from where those lovely photos were taken.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 pm

We'll definitely organise something before the end of April. How much notice do you need Goz, are you generally free on Sundays?
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby GIOs FTO » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 am

Hey lads. George here. Jan has my number so give me a call when ever you guys decide to meet up. Guys name who has 3 FTOs is Carl. He said that he would like to come out if he'll be free on that weekend when we meet up
GIOs FTO

Postby goz_83 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 am

Temeeo wrote:We'll definitely organise something before the end of April. How much notice do you need Goz, are you generally free on Sundays?

I can be free most Sundays. Maybe mid April is a good time to aim. A few days notice for a Sunday is cool. I plan to leave my fto in to get some touching up before she is stored away for an undetermined amount of time. I reckon that will take a few days and i will be leaving her in for that work next week i hope. It will be her last meet for a long while, so i want her mark free.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:09 am

Good stuff lads, the meets section has been way too quiet of late.
Feel free to start a thread to gauge interest and to get the ball rolling...
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 am

Fair play lads !
I miss the old days
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby DubC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:02 am

Hello, apologies I couldn't make it on Sunday. I plan on going to a motorshow in Dundalk this Sunday so that won't work for me either.

I do look forward to the next one I can attend.
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby goz_83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:27 pm

DubC wrote:Hello, apologies I couldn't make it on Sunday. I plan on going to a motorshow in Dundalk this Sunday so that won't work for me either.

Won't be this Sunday Carl. I'm leaving mine over to George on Monday around noon to get a bit of work done before she goes away. I have noted that she needs:

* minor driver side wing and bumper repaired and resprayed
* a bit of a scuff above drivers wheel arch on quarter panel
* wind deflectors to be attached :mrgreen:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DubC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 pm

goz_83 wrote:
DubC wrote:Hello, apologies I couldn't make it on Sunday. I plan on going to a motorshow in Dundalk this Sunday so that won't work for me either.

Won't be this Sunday Carl. I'm leaving mine over to George on Monday around noon to get a bit of work done before she goes away. I have noted that she needs:

A text I had from Gio the other day suggested this weekend they'll be meeting up again, obviously nothing official.

You should let Mick drop it up to George for you.. :P Enjoy the wind deflectors. :wink:
DubC
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby goz_83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 pm

DubC wrote:
goz_83 wrote:

A text I had from Gio the other day suggested this weekend they'll be meeting up again, obviously nothing official.

You should let Mick drop it up to George for you.. :P Enjoy the wind deflectors. :wink:

With his history in the car, I don't think so! He's welcome to drive up behind me and give me a off home though.

Also, I have a 95 GR for sale if you're interested. It's red. 300 and it's yours lol.....you need to start getting rid of some of those cars.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion