Selling car

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Selling car

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 pm

In the process of buying a new car. no idea how to go about selling the FTO. Owned it 11 years now. Any interest on here? Still perfect and used for daily M50 20km commute (each way) to and from work. not driven at weekends (use the family qashqai at weekends).
99 GPvR Aero Scotia white manual. NCT'd till end Oct.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Re: Selling car

Postby Bartpabicz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Give us some details. Mileage, mechanical condition, body, rust, equipment etc. And price, yeah
have you seen Zeitgeist The Movie? You should...
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 pm

220000km
Mechanically - excellent. driven daily. waterpump, plugs(iridium) and timing belt (and tensioner) changed at 200k. oil and filter every year before NCT (every approx 8000km) (fully syntehtic 5w40)
I've never had a mechanical issue with this car in 11 years. rev counter was behaving erratically 3 or 4 years ago so swapped a sensor recommended by forum(Australian) and perfect since. (search my posts to find out more - I'm on here since I bought it in march 2007 so you can see the history)
Body - in great shape for its age, very minor surface rust on rear arch where they fold under - no other body rust.
under body - minor surface rust on tank etc. nothing major or structural. No issues passing NCT each year.
entirely standard GPvR - apart from K&N panel fitler, zigen exhaust.
photos taken after a wash and polish last year - https://imgur.com/a/JsjpY (I've not washed it this yet - shameful lol - young family)
i guess Im looking for what I can get for it. someone on here might appreciate the rarity value of it. Hardly see FTOs on the road anymore, let alone a 99 manual GPvR. but being realistic I guess I'd take 2k for it.
If I had a garage I'd keep it. yeah yeah, everyone selling a car says that - I don't want to sell it etc. but 2k isn't exactly much off a new car, so I'd keep it if I had room on the drive for 3 cars or a garage - I don't unfortunately. that's all there is to it. I bought it in my 20s, Im 40 shortly, Time to let it go and try something new.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Charger10 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi mcgon1979,

With regards to selling your car i have been actively looking for a nice spec'd FTO for a few years now.

I would be interested definitely, so much so that i registered on this site today to try get in touch with you. :smt006

I'm not sure how to P.M you but i would be very interested to discuss what price your looking for it.

I just hope its still available! :nwor
Charger10

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Yep. Still available. I'm looking at an audi tomorrow, so once the deal goes through, its clear to move.
You can click on any members name and choose "send a PM" to contact them.

Other things I didn't mention about the car equipment
Clifford G5 with two remotes and proximity warn away sensor
Pioneer Head unit with USB Mp3 player
bung for exhaust (sailed through the NCT every year except one year they decided said it was too loud (its not). so now I pop the bung in before the test each year. sails through.
milltek decat box - used this in the early years but got fed up swapping it out each year for NCT, so just left the cat in these days. Can have the box.
new downpipe section from engine to cat. (flexi part was corroded so I replaced it with anew stainless steel downpipe 2 years back)
strut brace in the front
any questions about the cars history just PM me. Not going to put it on donedeal for a while. would rather sell through here.

more photos link - https://imgur.com/a/INlPn
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Charger10 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Sounds and looks really good I must say!

And looks very well kept which is always nice to see! :mrgreen:

I am being told that I cannot send you a private message
Until I have done further activity on the forum. :roll:

Is there any other way of contacting you to discuss what price your thinking and if possible to come and have a look over it?
Charger10

Postby Bernard » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 am

I know you've toyed with the idea of selling up before but haven't gone ahead, I just hope whoever buys this minds it like you have. Lovely example.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Charger10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 pm

PM'D :smt003
Charger10

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 pm

SOLD
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979