Best companies for women?

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Best companies for women?

Postby CJ » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:21 pm

The missus is finally looking at picking up a jammer (first car + on a provisional so nothing special - yet!). Are there any particular companies that
offer good quotes to women - I know they all give preferencial quotes over the blokes, just wondering if any stand out.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:25 pm

Eagle star were supposed to be good before, but I don't know if that still holds.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby Mustang » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:50 pm

Hate to say it but QD I believe!
They will in general put one female (as a nemed driver) on to a policy for free. I've only heard this from male policy owners, so not sure if the same holds true if the policy holder is female.
Given this relatively preferential treatment I think it's fair to assume that female driver/policy holders get a reasonable deal from QD.
Also I believe hibernian are ok. If the hebernian ignition scheme is applicable, then there are serious savings to be made, I know a few people who have done the course and saved considerable sums.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Best companies for women?

Postby soc » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:03 pm

CJ wrote:The missus is finally looking at picking up a jammer (first car + on a provisional so nothing special - yet!). Are there any particular companies that
offer good quotes to women - I know they all give preferencial quotes over the blokes, just wondering if any stand out.

CJ

my wife gets a very good deal with axa but she works through a broker at Marsh -
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:30 pm

Eagle star lady star is pretty good, no harm in sending her our way, i'm sure we could get her a decent enough quote, 19 phillipean, that the one i'm thinking of?? :wink:
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ivan E » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:24 pm

Yeah Eaglestar have a particular policy known as Ladystar for the ladies. Worth giving that a try for a quote. My other half uses this to insure my FTO and its quite good, 650 euros with me as a named driver.
Ivan E
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Motor Insurance